I felt my body muscles relax as my body became lighter. I gently and slowly began sitting up just as a cough racked through my body making my already hurting head to hurt even more. The world began spining around me so I did the only thing that I could do right now and slowly laid back onto the bed just as someone gently opened the bedroom door making me raise up a little to look at the person who entered the room.

"Oh dear, are you alright Sweetie?" Asked a kind looking lady with beautiful blue comforting eyes, as she hurridly made her way over to me. "I think that you might have a fever." She said looking at me with concerned eyes.

"I'm okay." I said trying to smile reassuringly at her even though I felt awful, but I didn't want to worry her.

"Let me go and get you some food, but first..." She trailed off as she made her way to a door that I assumed would lead her to the bathroom. She came out of the bathroom with a damp cloth which she placed on my forehead. "This should help a little." She continued. "I'll be back in a sec." She said as she made her way out of the room and gently closed the door.

I laid there on the bed staring up at the white painted celling stuck in an unknown reverie, just for the pounding in my head to harshly jolt me out of the reverie, causing me to close my eyes in an attempt to try to ease the pain. After a couple of minutes of having my eyes closed I felt the pain slightly easing, making way for sleep to catch up to me. Just as I was about to fall asleep I heard the bedroom door open, making me pry my eyes open a little, even as sleep kept threatening to swallow me.

"I'm back and I brought you some soup, it will help you to feel better." She said as she helped me to sit up. "Alright open up." She instructed as she held a spoon full of soup to my mouth. I opened my mouth as she put the spoon into my mouth. I almost moaned in delight at the taste of the soup, it was honestly delicious so I was quick to devour the soup.

"At least you have an appetite." The lady said seeming pleased because I had finished my food.

"It was absolutely delicious, thank you for helping me Ma'am." I said with voice full of gratitude.

"You're very welcome Honey, and please call me Charlotte." She insisted waving her hand dismissingly. "I'll come back to help you get cleaned up, I think that a good shower will be very helpful." She continued before she made her way out of the door. She soon came back with glass of water and 2 pills probably stop pains. "Okay drink up." She said giving me the pills and then helping me to drink the water because she noticed that my hands were shaking.

"Thank you." I said again wanting to express my gratitude.

"You're welcome, Sweetheart." She said with a sweet, gentle beaming smile. "Now, how about I help you to take a bath, you probably feel very uncomfortable in those clothes." She said looking at me with sympathy.

I nodded with a smile of my own, just to regret it when the movement gave me a slight dizzy spell, I guess that the pills hadn't kicked in yet, then again I had only taken them a minute ago.

"I'll go run you a nice, warm, bubble bath then." Charlotte said making her way to the bathroom as she hummed an unfamiliar tune. I heard the sound of water as it poured into the bathtub. I sat on the bed while Charlotte prepared the bath. She then came back and helped me to go to the bathroom, she helped me to undress and even to climb into the bathtub.

I couldn't help but to sigh in content as my body was submerged into the water.

"I'm glad to see that you like the water." She said as she released a small laugh. "Let me take these clothes to the laundry room and I'll be right back." She said as she exited the bathroom and made her way to the laundry room.

The bathroom was absolutely gorgeous is all  I can say, there was both a shower and a bathtub in here, it's spacious, not too big but definitely not small either. I gently took the cloth and soap that Charlotte had given me and began to wash up. The pills had started to kick in so my headache was no longer that bad. I bathed myself and then stayed in the water for about 5 more minutes before Charlotte came back into the room.

"I see that you're done." She said coming in with a towel in one hand. "Okay step into this towel before the water itself makes you sick." She said wrapping the towel around me. The towel felt so nice and fluffy and soft probably the softest towel that I've ever covered myself with. " You'll probably be in bed for the whole day so I took out PJs from your bag, I'm sorry for digging in the without asking for your permission first." She said looking guilty.

"It's no problem, I really don't mind, thank you for helping me." I said with a reassuring smile, not feeling offended even the slightest. She's helped me so much that I honestly didn't feel offended by her taking out some clothes for me.

"Okay, I also brought you a gown, just incase you think of getting out of the room or anything. I switched on the heater in your room so you shouldn't feel cold and I'll place the remote close by you so that you will be able to change the temperature to whatever that will feel comfortable to you." Charlotte explained as we made our way back into the bedroom.

"You've helped me so much, I honestly don't know how I could ever thank you enough." I said to Charlotte wanting to give her a hug but not wanting to get her sick.

"It's no problem at all, now if you really want to thank me then get into bed so that you can heal and get better." She chastised me in a motherly way that made me remember and miss my own mother. 

"What's wrong sweetheart?" She asked with worry lacing her every word.

"Ha?" I asked confused only to now realise that a tear had trailed down my cheek. "Oh, it's nothing, I just thought of someone who I miss a lot." I said with a little and slightly sad laugh as I wiped the stray tear.

"If you say so, Sweetheart." She said looking at me with a sad smile. "Now get some rest so that you can get better quicker." She said tucking me in like a mother who would tuck in their child and then standing up and making her way to the door, she stopped at the doorway and turned to face me. "Sorry Sweetie, I don't think that I caught your name." She said.

"I'm Skylin, Skylin Larson." I introduced myself.

"That's a beautiful name." She said and then her face took on a more serious look to it. "If you ever need anyone to talk to, don't be afraid to ask, if you need anything at all, I'm here for you." She said flashing me with her kind and encouraging smile.

"Thank you, I'll be sure to call for you if I need anything." I said with honesty lacing my every word.

"Alright then, get some sleep, I'll come and check up on you later." She said getting out and gently closing the door behind her, before I heard her footsteps as they retreated.

As my eyes fluttered closed a single thought came to me, I hadn't seen the man who had helped me ever since I got here, then again it was a Monday he was probably busy at work. I just hope that I'll be able to see him so that I can thank him. If it wasn't for him I don't know where I'd be right now, even if this was a temporary situation I still wanted to thank him for the kindness that he had shown me, not everyone is willing to take in a stranger even if it is for a short while. With those last thoughts on my mind I let myself fall into a peace and dreamless sleep.