Day Four

Clove is dead. So is Thresh, the girl from 3, and the boys from 8 and 9. Which means only me, Michael, Cato, and the girl from 9.

"Oh, I suppose you two are in love?" I snap my head back to see Cato standing there, with a sword ready to kill us. The last Career. This is the real battle.

"Yeah. And we'll fight for it!" Michael snaps. We will? "What's wrong? Still breathing funny?" Cato slams his sword into Michael's face, which opened a gash bellow his left eye. I fumble, still looking for the knife, when the sword hits my arm. I swing the heaviest pack at Cato, and Michael wastes time fiddling with a rope, a knife (there it is!), a tree branch, and yet another knife, while I am left to fight. I lose balance and fall down, Cato overpowering me. Where is your ally when you need him? When you will really die? "Michael, help!" But he's still fiddling. Then here it comes. The stab that'll end my life. Cato brings the knife down, and just as it touches my face Cato is yanked back, and blood explodes all over. I'm dazed, wondering why the girl from 9 would blow up Cato, when I see only Michael, holding an unfamiliar contraption. A fishing rod. So that's what he was making.

There is a big hole in Cato's neck, where Michael reeled him away. I actually feel sorry for him now, even though he's alive. But then he grabs Michael and is about to snap his neck. I grab the sword and stab Cato in the head. The cannon blows, and we clear out so the hovercraft can take the three chunks of Cato's corpse out of the arena.

The girl from 9 and Michael are the only ones left when I see another hovercraft coming. We run to its destination to see Camilla-the 17 year old from 9, lifted into the sky. Purple liquid is all over her face. She ate poison.

At night her face is in the sky. Michael and I think, who is the unknown tribute? But then I remember the girl from 5 hasn't been in the sky yet. Yes, the girl with the curly red hair. Finch Hemka.