17. Grandpa

"You are a lot busy these days," Joanne said, sliding her hands around Jungkook's shoulders while he was working on his office documents

"Well, I have to catch up with a lot of things since I was away on an adventure with you," he chuckled.

"Don't even talk about the incident. It still gives me nightmares. I thought I was going to lose you," she said touching her forehead onto his shoulder.

"Hey, it's fine. It's all over. He can't hurt you now," he said, pulling her from behind him and making her sit on his lap.

"But I still wonder why he turned himself in. Like he was ready to ruin everything and all of sudden he is in jail? Isn't that a bit strange?" She asked.

"Well, who knows what's running in his mind. He is mentally unstable at the moment or always has been," he shrugged.

"Master Jungkook, someone is here to meet you," they turn their attention when maid knocks the door. He walks to it and opens it.

"Who is it?" he asked. The maid purses her lips as she tugged at the hem of her dress.

"Well, its-s Kim Deok-Su shii," she bent her head. It's clear that she was scared. Jungkook frowned his brows.

"Tell him, I'll see him in five minutes," he said. The maid nodded and hurried away.

"Who is it hun?" Joanne slid her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it. He exhaled audibly.

"Taehyung's grandpa," he said. He turned around and looked at her.

"Is he a dangerous person like Taehyung?" she asked, worried.

"Well yeah but in a different way," he said. "But I really wonder why he came here."

"Are you going to be okay?" she asked. He nodded.

"Yes, just don't think too much. I'll be back soon," he kissed her forehead and walked out of the room. Joanne wanted to tag along with him so badly but she held herself back because if Jungkook wanted her to be there he would have taken her hand and pulled her along with him. He didn't so it's a no.

Jungkook kept biting his lower lip as he made his way downstairs. Jungkook was equal to Taehyung in the eyes of Kim Deok-Su. He treated him like his own grandson. Taehyung and Jungkook were friends since childhood.

It all started with their grandfathers friendship. Taehyung's grandpa and Jungkook's grandpa were underworld mafia kings. It was often thought that they might end up as rivals given the reputation that was growing for their respective territories but it turned out that their friendship just grew stronger. Both of them were dominant alpha males and everyone was fucking scared of them.

Taehyung's father choose to follow his father footsteps but Jungkook's father choose a normal life. Their fathers weren't considered as best friends as their grandfathers but Taehyung and Jungkook grew up to be best buddies. Taehyung would often come around asking Jungkook to be his mate in his to be mafia territory but Jungkook said otherwise. Taehyung respected his decision and thus Jungkook took over his father business and Taehyung over his father's territory.

They were good up until Lucy died and Taehyung disappeared. Jungkook has searched for him a lot. It was just he disappeared into thin air. He came back again now but not in a good way.

Jungkook closed his eyes and rubbed his temples to calm him down before he walked to the sofa Mr. Kim was sitting in.

"Jungkook-ah," he stood up and pulled him into a hug. "It's been a while," he patted him on the back.

"Grandpa," Jungkook hugged him back. 

"I heard Joanne and you are back together. I'm happy to hear that. I've brought some homemade ribs soup to help you with your recovery," he smiled as he looked Jungkook with so much love in his eyes.

"Thank you grandpa, you are as kind as always," he said. He tried hard not to breakdown in his hands because somehow Mr. Kim reminded him of the lost past. The past with Taehyung.

"It has really been a while, what brings you here grandpa?" Jungkook asked sitting on the opposite sofa of Mr. Kim. One of the maids bring them tea.

"Ah, before that, can you please call Joanne too? It has really been a while since we talked and there is something important that she also should know," Mr. Kim said.

"I don't think it's wise to bring her here. Her memory has been messed up and given the recent events she might also feel uncomfortable so," Jungkook said, casting his gaze down.

"It's a request Jungkook. She need to know this too," he said, holding a smile on his face. Jungkook huffs out and walks towards the stairs. He comes down with Joanne. Joanne returned a smile to Mr. Kim as soon she saw him. She sat down beside Jungkook.

"I don't think you remember me. How are you Joanne?" Mr. Kim smiles.

"I'm fine how are you?" she asked. Mr. Kim returns an I am fine.

"First of all I want to deeply apologize for what Taehyung did. That idiot really went around doing nasty stuff behind my back. It almost costed your lives, I am sorry," he said.

"Grandpa no, it's not your fault why are you apologizing?" Jungkook looked at him concerned.

"He is not going to do it anyway so I am doing it. He came to my home that day and I didn't really know he did such a thing. I thought it was just one of the fights. When police came looking for him I confronted him and asked to turn himself in."

"Grandpa even though I don't remember you, you seem like a really warm person. Please don't beat yourself for it," Joanne said.

"Everything will be fine Joanne. You will be fine," he smiled and rose up.

"If it's not too much asking can you go meet him once? He was your friend after all. I can completely understand if you don't want to," he said finally before walking out.

Jungkook watched as he disappeared and turned to Joanne. He looked away and huffed.

"Meet him huh?"

Thanks for reading. Likes and comments and Kofi donations are appreciated.