013

"You made it."

"I did." Jake smiles softly, approaching closer to the taller.

"Want to sit?" Sunghoon asks, motioning towards the closest table to them.

They sat down across from each other. The black-haired boy fiddling with his fingers as he contemplates what to say next.

Sunghoon cleared his throat. "I'm sorry."

"I let my emotions get to me. I didn't even think before showing up to you and—and I don't want you to feel like you have to answer right away—or at all. You don't have to answer at all if you don't want to. The last thing I want is to lose you and I'd do anything to prevent that." A tear runs down the taller's cheek, his breathing getting heavier.

Jake couldn't help but feel tears building up in his own eyes. He leans over and wipes the taller's cheek with his sleeve.

"You'll never lose me. You're stuck with me forever whether you like it or not." Jake says, earning a soft chuckle from Sunghoon.

Jake's eyes fixated on his best friend. He didn't know what was louder, his breathing or the sound of his heart beating.

It was silent between them. You can only hear the sound of cars and people around them, but the air not so thick this time—because even though it was silent they both knew.

"I like you, Park Sunghoon."

He sees Sunghoon look up from fiddling with his fingers. They make eye contact this time.

"In that way."

The space between them no longer existing—because before he knew it, he was up and walking towards the taller.

Maybe it was the sudden confidence he felt in that moment or maybe because he's been waiting for the next time he got to do this. His eyes kept scanning back and forth between his best friend's eyes and lips. He found himself pulling the taller closer, against him.

He felt warmth around his waist, figuring out that it was his hands. Sunghoon's hands on his waist—almost feeling dizzy because of the feeling—the thought.

The taller leaned down and before Jake could even panic, their lips touched again. He can feel the pressure around his waist—the black-haired boy gripping onto him. Their lips moving together, in sync. It was then where Jake felt something in the pit of his stomach he's never felt before.

Sunghoon pulled back first, trying to catch his own breath. "I like you too, Sim Jake. In that way."

This was real. It was not a dream, not one of his imaginations but real.

The both of them not caring that people around them could see.

Lips crash onto his again—desperate. The shorter gasped—trying to catch up, his heart feeling like it's about to explode. The black-haired boy cupping Jake's face, caressing his cheek with his thumb. The kiss only deepens as they head tilt and move positions. Sucking on each other's lips.

They pull back, shyly chuckling at each other. Their lips swollen pink and wet.

"That was..." Sunghoon bit on his swelling, bottom lip.

Jake pulled Sunghoon closer. His head resting on his chest now, listening to every beat his heart was making. Enjoying their closeness—the warmth. He could stay like this forever, he thought.

___________

"Ice cream is so good and for what?" Jake says, groaning with every bite.

"That good?" Sunghoon asked, chuckling at the shorter.

"Not as good as kissing you."

"Oh yeah? Dark and white chocolate Ice cream or kissing me?" Sunghoon teased, Jake pretending to think.

"Hmm, if I choose kissing you, you have to kiss me."

"Deal." The taller says, leaning over the table to peck the other's lips. Jake grinned, not being able to keep composure. He was already addicted to this new feeling—he never wanted it to end.

"Do you think anyone saw us?" Jake didn't want to worry about that. He doesn't want to care what people think—what his family would think. He wants to be happy with someone who makes him happy.

"We did nothing wrong, so don't worry too much." Sunghoon says, softly holding Jake's hand. They intertwined fingers and Jake couldn't hide his smile.

"You're right. God, am I dreaming? I still can't believe this is real—that you're holding my hand after we kissed multiple times. With tongue too." He can see Sunghoon turning red at his words.

"You're not dreaming. You don't know how much I wanted to do this with you. With tongue too." Sunghoon jokes, earning a chuckle from Jake.

Jake couldn't describe into words how happy he was. It's like he found what his heart was missing—Sunghoon. In that way.

It was him and Sunghoon now. And that was enough for him to forget about his worries, even if it's for a bit.

They'll be this happy as long as they're together, right?

___________

hi!
i'm planning to end this fic after a few more chapters (i think) so please look out for those!
i already have plans for my next fics so i'm excited to start those soon as well!

as always, thank you for reading and for all the support! votes and comments are always appreciated!

- ♡