003

Sunghoon.

Sunoo looked at the black-haired boy with wide eyes. "Sunghoon."

"Minji and I came here to grab a snack and I saw you guys. Just wanted to say hi." A grin appeared on taller's face.

"Oh. Yeah, hi." Jake feels sick to his stomach. He didn't want to hear that name especially coming from Sunghoon's mouth.

"You're so mean! You don't even text me." Sunoo pouted and Sunghoon chuckled.

"You're the one leaving me on delivered." The taller says. Sunoo checked his messages and he sees that unfortunately, he did leave the older on delivered.

"Heh, I didn't see that." Sunoo earns a laugh from both ends and takes a sip of his drink.

"Sunghoon!" Jake turns around to see Minji waving her hands, signaling for Sunghoon to come back in line.

"Wel, I'll catch you guys later then." They watch as Sunghoon gets back in line with Minji.

Jake felt his phone vibrate from the back pocket of his pants.

Sunghoon: can we talk later?
Sunghoon: maybe over some🍦?

Jake: okay

Sunghoon: great :)
Sunghoon: 8pm

Jake would be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to seeing to Sunghoon later for ice cream. As much as it makes him nervous that there's a chance that Sunghoon heard him, he misses his best friend. He could figure the rest out later.

"You don't think he heard us, right?"

"I mean, it doesn't seem like he did. Don't worry about it too much." Sunoo softly patted Jake's shoulder.

__________

Jake made sure to lock the door behind him. Earlier that day, Jungwon messaged him saying that he's staying the night at Heeseung and Niki's room. Which he ends up doing most days. Heeseung and Niki are another two members of their close-knit friend group. Niki a year younger than Jake and Heeseung being a year older than him.

He walked out of the building and he found himself walking over to Sunghoon, who was waiting outside for him.

"I thought we were meeting for ice cream."

"Thought I'd come to pick you up." Sunghoon grinned, making Jake's stomach do a flip.

Stop.

"Wow, this is new. You never do this." Jake couldn't help but chuckle.

"I've had a change of heart."

The smile on Jake's face had no plans on leaving. He genuinely feels the happiest when he's around Sunghoon.

They walked over to the main part of campus, where the ice cream truck is parked. You would think ice cream is a sin to have in the winter but to Jake and Sunghoon it's a must have.

"How have your classes been?" Sunghoon asked, biting part of the cone off.

"Same old. I still haven't finished that dumb paper."