011

This chapter's in Sunghoon's point of view!

__________________________

"I think so. Have you?"

"I think so, too."

Sunghoon blinks. Should he ask who? Would that be weird? What do you even say in a situation like this one? That for him it could be Jake?

"Feelings are difficult." Sunghoon broke the silence and Jake nodded, agreeing with what he said.

The air felt thick once again. They didn't mind it though and Sunghoon knew that when Jake didn't move even an inch when his hand brushed against his. Because—the feeling of each other's touch was enough to disregard the thick air between them.

He felt a warm, tickling feeling against his right palm and he looks down to see the shorter's hand in his. Breathing out deeply, not knowing how to react.

He can feel their bracelets clashing against each other as he sticks their hands in the pocket of his jacket. And they stay like this, walking hand in hand, not saying a word.

Jake cleared his throat and begins to speak. "Your hand seemed cold."

Sunghoon nodded, pursing his lips. "It was." he decided to breath out.

He didn't know how to exactly describe how he felt in that moment. Like his heart was slightly getting squeezed. He can even feel a tear waiting to fall down his cheek. Was he too overwhelmed?

Sunghoon loosens his grip and let's go of the brunette's hand. The shorter looking up at him with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Jake really didn't, Sunghoon thought. Because this is how he felt. Even a few years ago, holding hands wasn't a big deal for them. They used to not think twice about it—but now it feels different and he thinks he might even dislike this new feeling."I think we should just—not—"

"Yeah, okay."

The air fell slient again. This time more painful than the last. thump thump—thump thump. He puts his hand over where he feels his heart pumping. He needed to calm down.

"Thanks for walking me. Next time I'll walk you." A soft smile appears on Jake's lips, knowing this feeling between them won't be gone just over night—definitely longer.

Sunghoon let's out a soft chuckle and nods. "Get inside, it's cold." Spills out of his mouth, but he didn't want the shorter to leave.

"Okay, I'll see you soon. Walk back safely."

He watches as Jake enters the building. Hands on his knees, catching his breath soon after.

___________

Google search: What to do when you like your best friend

Google search: How to know if you're in love with your best friend

Google search: How to get rid of feelings

Sunghoon sighs deeply, closing his phone and sticking the charger into it. He lets out a yell, face planting into his pillow.

Jay looks over at him, wide-eyed. "You good? "

He starts laughing hysterically. Maybe he's gone mad. "S' all good."

The blonde-haired boy nodded, not knowing what to say to his friend—who seemed to be going through something.

"And what if I like Jake in that way?"

"I—"

But what would his family think? He feels nauseous already—expecting their reactions to be the opposite of what he hopes for.

That shouldn't be his first thought but it is. Because that's how he grew up—seeking validation from his parents who he wanted to always make proud.

He knows their generation is different. He knows how they feel about people like him. That couldn't stop him though. Because he likes Jake and that's how it is and will be.

"I can like whoever I want!" Sunghoon continues, "I can like him."

He can admit that it felt nice to say. To finally admit it. After being afraid of those words.

Jay goes along with it, even though he's been knowing, applauding Sunghoon. "About time you admit it."

"About time? How did you know?"

"Sunghoon, my guy, everyone knows. You and Jake are the oblivious ones." Jay patted his shoulder, chuckling.

"You mean Jake being oblivious of my feelings for him? I mean I just found that out myself too."

"No, I mean him being oblivious of his own feelings."

What?

Jake might have feelings for him too?

He can feel butterflies swarming in his stomach with just that one thought.

No, that's just what he thinks, right? Jay doesn't know for sure, he can't. Unless he asked Jake himself.

"How do you know?"

"We can see right through the both of you. You guys don't even try to hide it. Best friends, my ass."

Sunghoon stood there for a minute. He grabbed his phone before heading out the door without saying a word to Jay.

___________

"Sunghoon, what are you doing here?"

Sunghoon didn't actually know—his legs took him there before he could think about it.

"Do you like me?"

"What? Of course I like you. You're my best friend." Jake answered like it was an obvious question—which it was for him.

"No, like—do you have feelings for me?" Sunghoon could feel his heart pounding. The words spilling out before he could think twice about them. He needed to know, his heart did. Even if it's what he didn't want to hear.

__________

hi!
another update! i hope you all are liking the storyline!
sunghoon has finally admitted to his feelings so we can celebrate that, at least :o

as always, thank you for reading! leave votes and comments if you want more!

- ♡