Chapter 1

"Zaida!"

"Zay!"

Shouting echoed around the house, followed by the constant arguing as the culprits made their way to the stairwell. Feet thundered against the hard floor of the upstairs and Marinette ran down the stairs, her straight, black hair flowing behind her in an attempt to stay ahead of her sister. Yulia pounded down the stairs behind her, brown hair breaking from its normal ponytail, as her blue eyes glared at her sister, shoving Marinette out of the way. Marinette glared in return, having half a mind to tattle to Zaida despite knowing that Yulia would claim that she would never do that. As the sisters slid into the kitchen, Marintette grabbed the counter in an attempt to stop herself from sliding in the wall and ultimately, landed herself into more trouble than she was already bound to be in. Zaida, still unpacking groceries from their brown prisons, turned around with a sigh, brushing her brown hair out of her face while her tired eyes focused on her younger sisters.

"What is it, hermanas?" Zaida asked softly, brushing the loose strands out of her face and back behind her ear. Despite the fact that Marinette had flunked her first semester of Spanish class and Zaida was the only one in their little family with Hispanic heritage, hermana was one of the only words she knew. And she knew that Zaida only really used it when she was already fed up with Marinette's antics.

"Marinette got into my room!" Yulia tattled easily, letting the words roll off her tongue and crossing her arms over her chest. Marinette scoffed and shook her head, chuckling.

"No, I didn't! I didn't touch your damn room, Yulia! I've barely even been home, ask Blaze!" Marinette replied, rolling her eyes. She turned back to Zaida, almost pleading with her. "I swear. I haven't even touched her room!"

"You're a little liar, Marinette! You got into my room and stole my book!" Yulia replied hotly, huffing and her nose flaring in annoyance. "You're the only one who would have done that! Renesmee and Blaze don't do stuff like that, you're the only one!"

"I didn't do it, Zay! I swear!" Marinette shouted, spinning back around to face Zaida once again. "Please, believe me. I didn't touch Yulia stuff."

"Okay, enough!" Zaida shouted, raising her hands up in the air. "Stop shouting. Both of you. Marinette, please give Yulia's book back to her. Yulia, please just leave your sister alone. You can get what you want without all this shouting. You know arguing with her doesn't do anything to help the situation, it just makes it worse.." Marinette huffed and stomped her foot in frustration, offended that Zaida would even say that.

"I didn't take her damn book!" Marinette protested. "If I took her book, you think I would be denying it? Damnit, none of you ever believe me!"

"It's pretty hard too when every other word you say is a lie, Marinette. Just give me the book," Yulia replied, turning to face her younger sister with a glare.

"Guys, knock it off!" Blaze shouted, running down the stairs. In her hand, she held a blue covered book that had no doubt been the source of the accusations. "Yulia, your book was in your backpack. Hidden under your binder. Lay off Mari now, will you?" She tossed the book across the room and Yulia caught it with a small glare.

"Okay, now that's settled," Zaida sighed. "Marinette, I am sorry for not believing in you. That was wrong of me and next time, I'll do better to remember that. Yulia, apologize to your sister." Yulia scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not apologizing. She'll just get away with it next time," Yulia replied, turning on her heels and running back upstairs. Marinette stomped her foot again, turning to watching after Yulia.

"You're so... Ugh!" Marinette slammed her hands against the counter at the same time an upstairs door slammed shut and grunted. "Zay, I didn't take her book!" Zaida sighed and leaned back against the kitchen table, running a hand down her face.