Chapter 2

Little flashes of beheaded people and just people in general being killed woke me up in the middle of the night. I was panting like never before and sat up on the bed while looking over to the clock.

It was 7:21 AM and the sun was just rising above the horizon. I looked at Armin who was sleeping while having his hand still on my thigh. His bowl cut was all messed up so I brushed it out with my fingers just a bit.

"You're one of the only people who can pull off a bowl cut..." I whispered to myself while getting up from the bed. I got up and walked into the bathroom to take a quick shower and then started making my way outside.

I saw Niccolo making breakfast and I waved at him while picking up a cup of tea. "What time do you guys leave?" He asks while stirring some grits in a big pot.

"Later on today around 4 I believe. You're gonna be here making all of this delicious ass food though! When we get back I want the second best plate of food there is! Save the first plate for Sasha." I chuckle at the end of the sentence and see him blush whenever I mentioned her name.

"Y-yeah will do!" He responds while turning down the heat. I see some cadets come out of their bunkers, most of them were ready but Connie and Sasha were still in their pj's.

I kept talking to Niccolo for a while about how he actually liked being a chef for us and other shit. I kept laughing at his remarks because most of them were actually funny.

"Where did you go this morning?" Armin's voice came from behind me. I turned around and saw him buttoning up his shirt while moving some hair out of his face.

I got a quick glance at his shirt before he buttoned it all the way up and chuckled a bit. "Thought I would let you have the bed for a while."

"You don't like sleeping with me anymore?..." He asked while taking my cup of tea and drinking some of it. Armin was pulling one of those manipulative moments again.

"I never said that. I just thought you could have some time to yourself." I responded while taking a spoon from Niccolo's collection and serving myself some grits with hard boiled eggs.

I started picking up some of the fresh grits and shoving them into my mouth while looking at my food at all times. I could sense Armin's gaze piercing at me while I ate.

"What are you looking at? It feels weird having somebody stare at me while I eat." I protested while giving him a glare. He smiled a bit and took out a spoon from Niccolo's collection and served himself as well.

"You're just really pretty. You've always been pretty, ever since we met each other in the survey corps I knew we were going to end up with each other!" Armin exclaimed while looking over to me and sending a smile my way.

I finished on eating and threw away the plate. "Thanks for the food, Niccolo. Here comes Sasha right now, make sure that she eats real good we won't be back until night time most likely."

Niccolo nods and I start walking away. "Y/N! Where are you going?" Armin calls out while throwing away his plate as well. He runs up to me and keeps a steady pace to stay next to me.

"I'm going to go talk to Hange and Levi for a while about the whole plan." I answer and he stays quiet for a few seconds. "I'm going to go see Annie then... I'll see you later."

He walks the opposite direction to where Annie's crystal was and I sigh a bit. Ever since Eren has gone MIA Armin has changed a lot. We used to be a happy cheerful couple but now it's like a hey and then goodbye. Yet for some reason we refuse to leave each other...

I walk over to Hange's office where she was accompanied with Levi. Hange gave me a cheerful smile and Levi looked away with a humdrum expression.

"Why is that brat here? Can't I just enjoy a cup of coffee without an annoying idiot coming by." Levi scoffs while crossing his legs and sipping his tea.

"Always so strict... A hot guy like you could have everyone but you keep at it with that disgusting attitude of yours." I remark while chuckling slightly to myself.

"What did you say you bi-"

"Heeeeyyy! Come on guys! It's a few hours until we hop on an airship and kick some ass and this is how we are? Y/N is here because she's going to have to transform in Marley in case something goes wrong!" Hange exclaims while taking both of our hands and bringing them closer to their chest.

Levi and I gave a dirty look at eachother but we sucked it up and listened to what Hange had to say. The plan was pretty simple, Armin would transform so he could wipe out the navy ships and then I would transform when the scouts came out just to make sure that Eren got his brother.

After Hange told everyone the plan we started hooking up our gear and making sure everything worked before the boarded the airship.

"Armin, can you help me tie this around my waist? I'm fixing something for Connie right now." I asked him and he walked over.

His hands gripped onto my waist and I felt the belt squeeze the air out of me. I groaned a bit but then heard the click from the belt. Armin didn't remove his hands but instead he kept tracing around my lower back in circles.

"Y/N, is it fixed yet?!" Connie came out of nowhere yelling. Armin flinched and stepped to the side of me and I handed Connie his gadget.

"Thanks! I'll see you on the other island okay?" Connie waves while going into his own airship.

I looked at Armin and he had the same dull look in his eyes that he had since a year ago. "Thanks for putting that on. We should get go-"

"Do you still have feelings for me?" He interrupts me while looking straight into my eyes. I pause for a while and just make eye contact with him.

"I do. Why do you ask?" I replied back knowing fully what the answer was. It was as if we had no time for each other but neither of us wanted to admit it.

"Nothing... Let's just get onto the airship." Armin starts walking over to the airship where Hange and Onyankopon was.

I followed after him and sat down in a seat while waiting to get to the island.