𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Eren," the panicked boy catches my fierce gaze from over my shoulder. "We keep riding until the captain says we don't." He gives me an angry and exasperated look, but he quiets down a bit.

After a few seconds, there's another swish of ODM gear followed by a big thud.

"Another one!" Eren yells at us. I just give up trying to keep him focused; nothing would change his mind on this. "There's one more! We can help him!"

I force myself to keep my gaze forward and ignore the dying cries of the fallen soldiers.

"Eren! Do what you're told and keep your eyes forward!" I hear Petra yell at him.

"How are you all ignoring what's happening back there-?!"

"Eren! Just shut up-!" I try to yell at him but he just interrupts me.

"Are you telling me to just abandon my comrades?! Is that it?"

"Goddamit Yeager! Just do what Levi fucking told you! That's it!" I scream back at him. I lock eyes with him with a sinister gaze but he just argues again with a slightly red face. I felt slightly bad for yelling at him but he won't fucking listen! I wanted to help the soldiers too, but right now all that is important is to keep riding ahead and stay alive.

"Why are we letting them all die? If there's a bigger picture then why won't anyone tell me-"

"Oi! Stifle it, kid! Just do your goddamn job!" Oluo speaks up for the first time with an angry tone towards Eren.

My ears pick up the sound of blades sheathing into their entrapment in the ODM gear and I look back to see Eren lifting his hand to his mouth.

"Don't you dare Eren," I say sharply.

"Y/n! How can you say that! People are dying- I can help!" He says with an almost betrayed look. His hand continues to grow closer to his mouth.

"Eren stop! You're only permitted to transform when your life's in peril danger! That was the agreement- you swore an oath!" Petra yells at him.

"I wouldn't blame you." My gaze whips towards Levi as he speaks up. "Do as your conscious dictates. But Eren, listen, you are not inherently evil. Your ability to change doesn't make you a monster. With that said it could be the other way around. How are you supposed to know where to draw the line? Will you lose control or freely give it up? Maybe it's the same?"

Levi right now is not really the time for a life lesson.

"We don't agree because our different experiences bring us to opposing views. That's life. At the end of the day, there's no reason to go against how you see it. The choice is yours: you can trust yourself, or you can trust the people willing to put their lives on the line for you. I don't know which way is better, I never have." I give Levi an offended look that just said "what the fuck about me", which he ignores and continues with his dramatic but mellow speech.

"Either way there's no guarantee. You choose what you choose."

"Eren," I turn my head to look him in the eyes with a semi-confidant look. "Trust in us."

He pauses but then screams out, "I'm with you!" I smirk at his decision but it falters into a scowl when I see the female titan starting to sprint.

"Target is accelerating," Eld says with urgency.

"Just keep moving, we'll outrun the bitch," Levi says to all of us.

"Damn right we will," I mutter under my breath and go down lower on my horse, willing it to keep its pace with my legs kicking its sides harder than before.