𝓐 ℒ𝒆𝓽𝓽𝒆𝓻

Taking a deep breath I smile at the ding sound of oven indicating that my apple pie is ready.

Yummy.

Securing my hand with mittens I carefully take out the tray just in time to hear the bell of my shop tinkle.

Turning to look at Jai with a grin, I gesture towards the tray in my hand and she jumps with glee.

"It's ready? Wow! You're quick!" Making her way towards the counter, Jai takes a seat on the stool while I let the pie cool down. "You're an Angel Xian. Just one phone call from me and you were so ready to deliver this pie."

Placing a cup of coffee in front of Jai, I smile, "Had to. It's your daughter's birthday afterall. How could I not make her favourite apple pie."

"She is so going to love it!" Taking a sip she moans, "Had I not been married, I'd have definitely married you! Has anyone ever told you that Xiao Xian makes the best coffee?"

"Yup. You. Every single morning." Laughing at her wink I shake my head and proceed to bag the pie.

"I will never get my bear cup here."

Laughing inwardly at the nickname she has bestowed on her husband I dare to ask, "Why?"

"Because one sip and he'll propose to you!" That's it. Turning away my face to cover the blush I dab the counter and soon place her bag on it.

"Go on now. Your daughter would be waiting. Wish her Happy Birthday from me and I have also placed some of her favourite cookies as birthday gift."

"Alright. Alright. I'll be back for more tomorrow. Love ya!" With a wave of goodbye she leaves and suddenly this entire place felt so quiet. Looking around I smile at my quaint little shop at outskirts of the city, away from the bustling toxicity where no one from my past knows this place except my team and manager.

Another knock on the door and I call for them to enter, but when no one does, my heart skips a beat and from the window next to the door, I part the curtains to see if it were someone I had to avoid.

What surprises me that there was no one, save my mailbox which was hanging open.

Cautiously making my way I expectantly look at the content inside and my soul wasn't disappointed. There was a letter. A letter for me.

Walking back to my shop and taking a seat behind counter, from the collection register, I take out two letters. The one in my hand is the third one.

It all started three months ago when I was at the top, a star, an idol and in matter of one day fell from grace.

Who am I?

I am Xiao Xian and this is my story.

[3 Months ago]

[3 Months ago]

"Xian! Wake up!" Being roused from sleep I open my eyes to find Li Jie, my manager looking exhausted and tensed. Quick enough to know that something major has happened I ask, "Li Jie?"