Chapter 27 - The Favored Son

Start from the beginning

He blinked his eyes a few times as if he no longer knew where he was, his fingertips weren't even a centimeter above the red splotch which had suddenly shrunk back down to its normal size. He brought his hand back and stretched the collar of his shirt out before he took the cartage out of his arm and put it back in the case. He stood up and looked in the corner that Ramon had told him hid a camera so that they might be able to monitor him should anything happen. "Hey can I get some fresh bedding please?" He asked not wanting to see that red splotch again, something about it was hypnotizing yet at the same time it was intimidating. "And can you tell Dr. Ramon that his blood samples are ready?"

Almost as soon as that last word left his mouth did the wall open up and in walked the demon Kayos carrying a bundle of clothes. He tossed the bundle at Cole and told him to get dressed and that they were leaving in two minutes. Cole protested that he was supposed to have some kind of surgery in an hour but Kayos dismissed that with a wave of his hand and said that this was more important. Cole didn't like that very much, he came here thinking that they would separate him from Carny, in fact he was told by Ramon himself that was priority number one. So hearing that something was more important than fixing whatever the hell was wrong with Cole's head made him more than a little cross but he knew better than to argue. He pulled off the plain grey clothes that had been given to him that were made up of the same material as the robes one would get in the hospital.

Kayos stepped out of the room letting in a refreshing breeze that Cole was deeply craving after whatever happened a few moments ago. The clothes that Kayos had given him were heavy things made out of the same fabric that the military forces would use. Made sense seeing as he was a part of the Chain's version of the military secret police. He quickly pulled on the heavy set of pants and had to try a few times to get the buckles just right. Next he put on the boots which by the feel of them could probably be used to crush someone's skull, and that was if a human used them he shuddered to think what he could do with them.

Cole froze as soon as that thought crossed his mind, his thumb still on the buckle ready to clamp it shut but too stunned to really believe what had just went through his head. He wasn't the sick one he told himself almost yelling it, he didn't get thoughts like that. He was the normal one and Carny was the psychotic killer not him. Yet no matter how he worded it, it felt like a lie. He wasn't the normal one, he and Carny were both killers, they were both psychotic, both deserved to be locked up and to have the key destroyed.

It was Kayos' booming voice that brought him back to reality. "Hurry up." He snapped.

"Sorry." Cole said shaking his head and buckling the boot and grabbed the undershirt freezing yet again when he saw what color it was. A deep bloody red that sent his pulse racing again and in an instant he tossed it on the ground at Kayos' feet. "I can't wear that."

"It's the uniform, put it on." Kayos said in a commanding tone that no doubt wasn't used to getting defied. "Now."

"Sir if I put that on- I can't promise not to go berserk. Red sets him off and-"

"Listen to me." Kayos said pinning Cole up against the wall and pressing his forearm against his throat. "Red sets you off. There is no him, there's only you now the sooner you get that through your head the easier things will be around here. There's no procedure to separate you from yourself got that? Carny is your other personality because you created him as a way to vent your own sick and twisted desires, so you can have someone to blame.

"And if it weren't for an order asking me to bring you into my branch I would have voted to have you executed." Kayos thrust his forearm forward nearly crushing Cole's Adam’s apple before he threw the shirt in his face. "Now put it on I won't ask again."