Chapter 7: More Than 'Just Friends'.

Kageyama sighed as he watched Hinata sleep. He gazed at him for a moment longer before crawling in bed with him. He lay on his side and put an arm around Hinata. Hinata groaned softly and rolled over, facing Kageyama and snuggling closer to him. Kageyama blushed, nuzzling his face into Hinata's hair. So soft... he thought, melting into Hinata who put an arm around him, head close to his chest. Kageyama closed his eyes. Maybe if he just shut his eyes for a little bit...

*

*

*

*

Hinata opened his eyes slowly. His heart raced when he found himself in Kageyama's arms. Again. Hinata slowly slid his arm from under Kageyama's before slipping from Kageyama's hug. He stumbled out of bed, glancing at the alarm clock. 3:00am. Hinata groaned, limping towards the bathroom to wash his face. Might as well wake up now. He walked out the bathroom a while later to see Kageyama leaning on the head rest. "Its 3:30am, Hinata." Kageyama mumbled tiredly. He must've just woken up. "Be quiet, you'll wake my parents." Hinata nodded shakily. "Hey...what's the matter, Hinata?" Kageyama opened his arms. Hinata happily obliged and crawled into bed, snuggling into Kageyama's embrace. Hinata shook his head. "Nothing, Kags." Kageyama squeezed him. "It's something, Hinata." Hinata looked up at him. Kageyama kissed his forehead softly. Hinata blushed and rested his head on Kageyama's chest. Hinata froze. What was he doing?! He pulled away from Kageyama quickly. "Hinata-" Kageyama started. "N-no..I'm going home.." Hinata quickly walked to the chair of Kageyama's desk, slipped on his shirt and walked down the stairs. He shut the door quietly behind him. He didn't go home. He went to the school to sleep until it was time for practice.

*

*

*

*

"Hinata? Hinata!" Hinata knew that voice.. but it was so muffled he couldn't make out who it was. Hinata slowly opened his eyes, his vision slowly clearing until he could make out the worry face of Kageyama. Hinata blinked quickly, scrambling backwards at the sudden sight. "B-Bakayama!" He yelped in surprise. Kageyama searched Hinata up and down with his gorgeous blue eyes. "Boke, I thought you went home?"  Kageyama walked slowly towards the cowering Hinata who was sitting with his back against the wall, struggling to regulate his breathing and calm his galloping heart. "I-I did I just-" "Boke, its 5:00am. I know you didn't go home since you left my house at 3:45." Damn. Kageyama had brains? Hinata sighed, giving up. "Fine, I came here instead." Hinata huffed. "Why do you care?" Kageyama clicked his tongue before sitting next to Hinata.  "Why'd you pull away from me?" Kageyama asked after a minute. "We're just friends, Kageyama..I um.." Hinata searched for the right words. Yes, he liked Kageyama..but not in that way..at least..that's what he told himself though he knew it wasn't true. He was madly in love with Kageyama. "N-never mind-" Hinata stood. "Tanaka should be here with Suga and Nishinoya." He brushed his pants off. "Right.." Kageyama muttered. Was that..hurt in his eyes? 

Kageyama stood up after Hinata and walked to the gym door, head low. Hinata sighed. "Kags.." "SHOYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Nishinoya ran up to Hinata and hugged him. Hinata jumped. "Noya-senpai!" He gasped, turning and hugging his friend back before pulling away. "Tch." Was all he heard from Kageyama after Suga opened the gym door and he walked in. Hinata frowned slightly before walking in with Noya bouncing up and down with his hands on Hinata's shoulders.

*

*

*

*

"Nice serve, Kageyama!" Tanaka yelled. It was afternoon practice with the team and Kageyama and Hinata have had tension between them since this morning. Kageyama didn't acknowledge Tanaka's yell. Instead, his eyes were fixed on Hinata. He blinked slowly at the ginger before the whistle blew for his serve. Kageyama tossed the ball up, running forward and leaping after it, slamming his palm against it, sending it flying over the net. "It's ou- huh?!" Daichi said, stumbling back as the ball landed just 3 inches away from the out line. "Never mind, sorry guys!" Daichi looked slightly defeated. "Don't mind!" Suga patted his back, gazing at Daichi fondly. It was obvious those two were dating. Hinata prickled slightly. He wanted to have what Daichi and Suga had with Kageyama, but...he didn't know if Kageyama wanted it. He let out a forced sigh and looked up. Kageyama had sent all the tosses to Tanaka and Hinata had barely touched the ball at all this match. 

"Hey, Shirmpy!" Tsukishima called, his voice teasing and salty because he's a bitch. 

"Is his majesty ignoring you?" Tsukishima was staring at Kageyama, knowing he hated anyone using King terms when it came to him.

"Maybe it's because he's an arrogant jackass King trying to rule the court again?" He suggested to Hinata. 

"H-hey he's not the-!" Hinata started, only to be cut off. 

"Hey King, I thought your rein was over?" He sneered, stepping closer to Kageyama. Kageyama balled his hands to fists, scowling at Tsukishima. 

"Don't. Call. Me. That. Ever!" Kageyama hissed, grabbing Tsukishima's shirt. He only smiled down at Kageyama, his eyes arrogant and cold. "Tch!" Kageyama shoved him backwards and stormed towards the bench, grabbing his gym bag and strutting out of the gym. Daichi stared after him.  "Tsukishima, the bench. Now." Daichi hissed. "E-excuse me!" Hinata ran to the bench and grabbed his own bag, running after Kageyama who was just making it to the bike racks. "Kageyama!" Hinata ran up to him and grabbed his jersey, tugging him backwards.

Kageyama grabbed Hinata's jersey back with a gasp of surprise. "Boke!" He snapped, shoving Hinata away. "Don't do that!" Kageyama looked Hinata up and down for a moment. "Also, where did you get those?" He nodded at Hinata's scarred arms. "Oh..uh.." Hinata looked up. "I crashed my bike into a rose bush!" He lied, rubbing his arms gingerly. "Hinata, I'm worried about you." Kageyama reached for Hinata's hands, then pulled them away, slowly slipping them into his hoodie pocket.

Hinata sighed, looking down. "But why, Kags?" He whispered. "Because I Lo-" Kageyama snapped his mouth shut and looked away. "Never mind." He mumbled. "I'm going home. And no, you can't stay over. Not tonight. My parents are having a dinner party." Kageyama mumbled, turning on his heels and walking away, giving a second glance at Hinata.

Hinata stared after him, his mind wandering. Did Kageyama really want to be...more than 'just friends'..?

A/N: OMG SIMPS! I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T GET TO POST CHAPTER 7 YESTERDAY! IT WAS MY PLAN BUT WE ALSO HAD A DINNER PARTY! I LOVE YALL NO MATTER WHAT! I'LL KEEP YALL POSTED AND TRY UPDATING CHAPTERS SOON! LOVE YALL! 

Love from Kageyama and Hinata too!  <3