CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"Sokka." I gasped. "Where.. is he back?"

"He's still down there." Katara said. "Kaida don—"

"He's our brother." I started running. "Aang hurry, I'll stall him. Katara take care of the people."

   Tundra formed from the heavy rain, I hopped on and we flew down to the beach, just as the giant arrived. I used the water from the ocean to try and pull him back but this guy was stronger than any other opponent I've ever had. I started to freeze him two limbs at a time.

   "Hurry and run!" I yelled at Sokka and Satoru.

   "Her eyes are glowing blue!" I heard Satoru yelled.

   The spirit broke out and swatted at me like I was some bug. Well I guess in his eyes I was, I dodged once again but Tundra landed on the cliff. I glared at Tundra who glared back at me. She decided to quit perusing the spirit because it was no use.
I looked up at the giant warrior spirit and as my eyes adjusted I saw Sokka and Satoru hanging on with his uncle.

"Sokka, hold on!" Katara yelled.

"Like I have a choice!" Sokka yelled back.

"Come on!" I tried pushing Turnda but she wouldn't move. "We have to save my brother, you stubborn—"

I slipped and glared up at the dragon. I couldn't really blame it, I used it so much in one day. I ran over to get closer to the guys and I creater a slide of water leading up to them.

"Sokka, Now let go!" I yelled and they stalled because of Satoru's uncle but soon they came down.

Sokka came out coughing. "You know, I don't think I like water slides any better than dirt slides." He said.

"You're welcome." I smirked and he hugged me.

"You're okay!" He shouted hugging me.

"I'm always okay." I smiled and hugged him back, we got a hug from Katara.

Our hug was interrupted by Aang who was talking to the giant. They talked but just barely, the spirit wanted to end the humans from existence but Katara and I shielded the people. Toph and Aang took out the spirit together even though Aang didn't want to kill it but he did and the spirit fell back into the water.

The sky cleared and this gave us enough time to help everyone and check if they were okay. Once we did we helped everyone get food while Mr. Beifong gave his new world speech.
I sat with my sister and Niyok and her sister.

"And, well remember auntie Ashuna's seal jerky?" Nutha asked.

"Do I ever!" Katara replied. "When I was six, I broke my tooth trying to eat that stuff!" Niyok and I laughed.

Katara went to go talk to Aang so I was left alone with the two.

"Hey, about not going back home..." I said "I miss the tribe a lot...We planned a t-"

"Kaida, stop." Nutha smiled. "I acted like an idiot all right? You, Katara, and Sokka, well you three make us Southern Water Tribers proud."

"That's good." I smiled proudly. "And about, Fire Lord Zuko...does everyone hate me for being with him?"

"Honestly?" She asked making me nervous but she smiled "No, most of them think you did a great thing and.." She glanced at her sister who was holding back a laugh.

"What?" I asked smiling.

"Your gran-gran says you two are gonna have very powerful babies." They laughed and I joined but still I didn't want four children. "Kaida, as long as you're happy."

"Thank you." I smiled.

|| THREE MONTHS LATER ||

   We returned back after everything that had happened. The town was lively unlike how it was when we first arrived, now there was music, kites, confetti, and real food. The acolytes and Toph's students were playing their music, Toph was talking to Satoru and Sokka was selling meat kebabs.

   "The vibe seems so different now." I said sitting on the stairs. Ming was eating a bowl of lettuce and grapes.

   "You miss Zuko?" Mirai asked. "He's missed so much."

   "I just hope he isn't stressed with all that royal stuff." I sighed and enjoyed the loud music.

   "Maybe next time he can join us." Sokka started eating.

   "Oh I'm gonna bring him back." I smiled. "He'd enjoy it."

I sent a few messages to Zuko and his family telling them about the town and what has been happening throught our time away from the growing town. He would also send messages back telling me that he was glad that I was enjoying myself, I can gladly say that this time apart was much needed for the both of us.
But I was excited to be meeting him back at the South Pole. One because of showing him around and making him apologize to the people of my Tribe, the second reason was because we would be going home after so long. But until then we had to communicate through messages but I was excited.

————————
   Comic: The Rift- End
⭐️VOTE
💬COMMENT
Re-Edited; 7/17/21