Epilogue

I bet you all our wondering what happened next. Well I'll tell you.

Turns out Maindo Camp got some publicity after the tournament. The Schizophrenic Underdog was a good story line for the school paper and it gave other kids hope. The most important part, the story brought a little more awareness to mental illness for our school and a section was added to our health class. It's not much but you know progress is progress.

Slowly but surely kids started enrolling in the camp. Kids with mental illness and kids without.

I kept my promise to Chloe and joined the track and basketball team to end my senior year. We became really good friends. Together Chloe and I drive Lachelle crazy. It is awesome.

Maindo Camp stayed Maindo Camp even after Lachelle took it over ten years later. That's right. Lachelle stayed a bad ass bitch. She became a Psychologist, and kept Maindo's vision alive. Karate Included.

Her relationship with her mother got better too. Mainly because she was less angry.

As for me, I help Lachelle with the camp. I'm a camp consular and a public speaker for the kids. But what brings home the bacon is working for Jim.

It turns out that Jim was saving up the money I earned for volunteering. It turns out I was working for him. I know. I didn't know I was getting paid either. I used that money to send Lachelle to school and bam Psychologist.

As for Lachelle and I. Well after ten years of begging, she is finally cool with sharing a bed with me.

I'm kidding. It didn't take ten years.

It's not all rainbows and butterflies though. Lachelle still gets angry and I still forget stuff. The voices are still there, and Lachelle says that when she leaves work she comes home to more work. But we are both working.

Lachelle also says that the most romantic thing in life is being understood. So no matter how hard life is as long as we can try to understand each other we can make it work.