-09-

All you could hear was pure silence

All you could hear was pure silence. You've never been so scared in your life. Death? At such a young age? You never even got back at that bitch who wronged you.

Your mother's tears were falling down rapidly as the doctor tried to calm her down. What was even the point of trying to calm her down. Her child that she raised may be gone in a years. Maybe not even years, maybe in months.

Hell, maybe Bokuto and Akaashi could hear your mother's sobs. Her mourning made you want to hug her and tell her everything was going to be okay.

"If I may excuse myself, I'll be back in around 15 minutes." the doctor bowed and left the room signaling its time for Akaashi and Bokuto to come in.

Your mother's sobs started to die out and all she could do was look at you. "L/N-Chan, are you alright? Your not extremely hurt or anything, are you?"

That was the first thing Akaashi could ask you. Bokuto opened his mouth, yet nothing came out. He knows your not okay. Your mother was looking away, fighting the urge to cry again.

"She's fine." your mother told them. "She's just a little sick. The doctor may come in and explain more in a few minutes."

Akaashi and Bokuto both sat at your side trying to comfort them. Your coughing faded and you were able to breathe correctly and speak without being interrupted by your coughs.

"I'm fine guys. No need to worry about me anymore." you said. Your voice still slightly raspy, but easy to understand.

A sigh left Bokuto mouth. "Man, you had both of us terrified. After school was over we headed straight to the nurses office to ask where you were. Good thing the hospital is about a 20 minute walk."

Hold on. He said after school? How long have you've been out for?

You reached into your pocket to grab your phone to look at the time.

"18:45 PM." you said out loud.

"Ah, how could I be out for over 2 hours." you were still tired of course, but annoyed about how you could be unconscious for over 2 hours. Who knew you would get knocked out by coughing up blood.

Your eyes widened at the sudden realization. "Oh, did any of you remember to bring my backpack?"

The silence lasted a few seconds before you sighed out. "I'll just get in when I come back to school."

Akaashi apologized along with Bokuto and you forgave them.

The conversations you had with your mother and the duo changed topics. It went from what happened in school, to asking if you knew what caused all this.

Of course, you didn't know most of the reasons why this all happened. You've never had such harsh coughs that would cause you to cough up blood.

"I'm sorry I caused all this for you guys. I appreciate you caring about me though."

You were truly sorry. Who knew those two would care deeply about you that they would immediately rush to the hospital right after school.

"Of course we would care for you! We're all good friends." Bokuto exclaimed. You let out a giggle at his enthusiasm.

Akaashi nodded his head in agreement. "Me and Bokuto were concerned the first time you started coughing, I'm pretty sure that shows we care about you."

Your heart felt warm. You felt wanted, even after that girl insulted the hell out of you.

About 30 minutes passed and Bokuto and Akaashi decided to take their leave. Your mother bid her goodbye and so did you.

"Ah Y/N, those boys seem so nice to you."

You agreed with her. "Yeah. I'm glad I became friends with them." you sighed and sinked into your hospital bed.

"I wish you could marry one of them." your mother said without hesitation

"What."

You wake up around 8AM, your body sore and weak.

"God, what did I do yesterday.." you thought to yourself.

You turned your head to be greeted with your mother sleeping beside you. You smiled and tried to make no noise heading towards the bathroom to wash up.

Brushing your teeth and taking a quick shower didn't take much time. Once you came out of the bathroom your mother was still asleep.

After settling back into your hospital bed, another knock was heard at the door. Instead of telling the person to come in, you decided to open the door yourself despite the pain you had.

"Hello-" you got cut off by a strong grip. Confused on who hugged you, your head turned up to see your father.

"Ah man, are you alright? Are you in pain? Are your lungs okay?". Questions repeating again and again without any time to process what's happening.

"Dad! I'm fine I promise, but be quiet Mom is sleeping." you help your point finger to your mouth to signal him to stay quiet.

He apologizes and grabs a chair on the opposite side of your bed not to disturb your mother.

"So, can you answer my questions now?" he asked.

You laughed and nodded. Some of the questions were the same as Bokuto's and Akaashi's. Asking if you knew this would happened and if you knew if you would be okay.

You questioned if you would tell your father that you might now survive. You didn't tell Akaashi or Bokuto either. They were already stressed enough and you didn't want to add more onto it.

"I'm fine," you said. "I just might be sick for a little while, that's all."

Your father sighed. "That's a relief, I would be devastated if you were going to die."

Your heart sunk. The fact that you were trying to sugar coat the fact that you might pass away made you feel bad.

You and your father both heard a groan and turned around to see your mother awake. "Good morning mother." you smiled at her. She smiled weakly and stretched.

"Oh, D/N, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?" your mother asked. Your dad replied saying that he couldn't just ignore the fact that his own daughter was in the hospital.

Again, you felt wanted.

Many people always stared whenever you were on the subway, or even shopping at convenient stores.

But by you reviving all these words about people caring about you made you feel wanted. You didn't care about what people thought as long as you had people who cared.

As your mother and your father were talking to each other and you were on your phone, you revived a message from Bokuto.

'I hope you're doing okay! Usagi-Sensei told me to send you the homework for today. Make sure to stay healthy and don't feel down! :))'

Reading the message made you flustered. By what exactly? You don't know. But you were grateful for someone like Bokuto.