-08-

"Oh shit

"Oh shit."

You looked down at your hand after your extreme coughing attack. "Honey are you okay?" the nurse asked after she heard your coughs and terrified expression.

It was blood.

"Oh dear," the nurse said in shock. You held a hand towards your mouth to try to stop your coughs and the little blood.

"We have to call the ER, this may be very serious." her face turned kind to serious real quick. She grabbed a few napkins to place over my mouth and to clean my hands.

She alerted the school secretary about the situation. I could hear faint murmurs and I started struggling to breathe.

"What a great way to start my day.." you thought. Soon enough, you were being escorted out of the school and the rest was too hard to remember.

"Mrs. L/N, it seems your daughter has had a sickness." you heard a voice say.

You heard your mother's and the other voice go back and for as it became more clear to understand.

"Oh God." you headed your mother say. She looked down on you with a worried look.

You knew this couldn't be good.

"I'll leave you two alone for now, the doctor will be right back with you in a moment."

The doctor left the room, closing the door softly.

"Y/N, are you feeling alright?" your mother asked you.

You nod slightly, making a smile appears on your mother's face.

A silence built up as the noise of your breathing appeared and disappeared.

Soon you both heard a knock and both turned your heads. "L/N-Chan, are you alright?"

You were expecting the nurse, but instead got greeted with two close friends of yours, both having a worried expression on your face.

"You told us you were fine now look at you." Akaashi spoke. He sounded worried and disappointed at the same time.

"Ya L/N-Chan! We were worried when the nurse told us you got really sick." Bokuto looked at you with slightly ready eyes.

"Oh, you two are Bokuto-San and Akaashi-San?" your mother asked. You tried to speak, but what came out was either no words or coughing.

There was currently a venturi mask on your mask to help you breathing and the oxygen in your lungs.

"Yes, I'm Keiji Akaashi and this is Kōtarō Bokuto." they both bowed down and Bokuto immediately headed towards your aid.

He looked at you like a homeless puppy as you smiled at the sight. Your smile gave him serotonin and made him smile back at you.

"The doctor will come in shortly, would you mind stepping outside?" your mother looked at both Akaashi and Bokuto.

They both got up, Bokuto still being sad he only got to see you for a short time, and left to wait outside.

You waited for about eight minutes before the doctor walked in and greeted both of you. "Hello L/N-sama, are you alright? How have you been feeling so far?"

Your voice came out a little raspy from lack of water. "I'm fine," you responded. "My throat hurts from coughing, that's it."

Your mother nodded to agree with you then turned to your doctor. "Her coughing was never this bad when she was a child, she had minor coughs here and there, but she never coughed up blood."

The doctor walked up to you feeling your throat. "Any headaches, vomiting, nausea?"

"Headaches."you responded. Your temperature was soon taken after a few more questions. "100° exactly." the doctor told you.

Your mother sighed, extremely worried for you. "You know what's wrong, right?" your mother asked. The doctor sighed and looked at you and your mother.

"Your daughter has Hemoptysis, she obviously has shown one of the major symptoms of it and she also has a high fever."

You've heard of it before. It was in science class. You were learning about diseases and sicknesses that may be caused by genetic genes.

You read that Hemoptysis was mostly caused by smoking. Your mother and father had not-so-good friends when you were a child. They were smokers so obviously, you had been exposed to the smoke.

"Has you or your husband smoked before?" the doctor asked your mother. "No, but we know people who have and we were around them a lot."

"That must be one of the main reasons." the doctor said. You were scared, hell even terrified. You never felt so scared to hear what the doctor has to tell you.

You tried to stay strong. You will stay strong no matter what is in store.

"Unfortunately," the doctor continued.

Your mother's head snapped to the doctor's voice.

They took one sharp breathe and spoke; "There is a 75% chance of death from Hemoptysis."

Death?

Your heart dropped. You could hear a faint gasp from your mother. She was in disbelief.

You didn't know how to react, why didn't you burst out crying, why didn't you deny it?

Sobs were heard from your mother. She was showing more emotion than you.

How would they react?

———
Some information about Hemoptysis may not be accurate.