iv. A Viking's Stubbornness

Start from the beginning

    With a flick of its tail, the Nadder was armed with thorns. One swipe, and they all flew off towards Fishlegs. He yelled out, holding his shield up as they dented it and the wall behind him. "I'm really begining to question your teaching methods!" he shouted back up to Gobber as he hit all the spikes off his shield and continued on.

    "Look for it's blindspot," was the Viking's reply, casually picking at his teeth. "Every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it and strike!"

    "Quick━" Astrid pulled Snotlout who was running blindly pass them and against the wall, "━Get down!"

    Snotlout grinned at her, "Anything for you darling━ow!"

    Valkyrie curiously peered around, wondering whether this was another one of Astrid's tricks or not, but she seemed to actually be telling the truth and not just trying to make them lose. The Nadder was in the next few aisles, facing the twins as they tried to stay in it's blind spot━they seemed to be succeeding, until Ruffnutt decided to speak.

    "Oh!" she gagged at her brother in front of her. "Do you ever bathe?" she pushed him away with her shield, and he stumbled forward.

    Annoyed, Tuffnut snapped back, "If you don't like it, then just get your own blind spot!" He shoved her. The twins were soon in a shoving match, no longer in the Nadder's blindspot. They pushed against each other, hitting and shouting before realising, and with a scream, dashed out of the way before they could be burnt to a crisp.

    Looking tired, Gobber rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Oh, glad it's entertaining for you! Valkyrie thought. "Blind spot, yes," he said. "Deaf spot? Not so much."

    Hiccup stumbled to catch up with Valkyrie, Astrid and Snotlout, and Val gritted her teeth and shoved him along. "Move!" she told him. Ugh, he's making this all so much harder, and annoying, and just━usually, Valkyrie can keep her anger in. She can mask her emotions, keep her weapon down and be unlike Astrid, who would let everyone know when she was angry (she had some anger issues...). But when it came to Hiccup, Valkyrie just got so frustrated and annoyed by him she wanted to scream and push him off the docks again, and she doesn't know what made him so different to everyone else (and that only angered her more!).

     Valkyrie spun around the next corner, ears peeled and eyes wide for any movement or sound that could belong to the Nadder. The biggest thing about being quick and light on one's feet is to know their surroundings. Valkyrie was determined to know exactly where she was compared to the Nadder, so she knew exactly how much time she had until the dragon gained up on her. But they needed a break, they couldn't keep on running. Dropping back down, they crouched by the wall and Valkyrie glanced back to see whether Hiccup was still with them but, no, of course he wasn't. He was still where she had left him! Talking to Gobber━again!

    "How would one sneak up on a Night Fury?" he asked, chuckling awkwardly in a way that made her scowl. What a weirdo.

    Gobber rubbed his brow, annoyed, "No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale. Now, get in there!"

    "I know, I know, but hypothetically━"

    Valkyrie had had enough. "Hiccup!" she seethed through her gritted teeth, and he glanced over, surprised that she of all people was calling his name. He stood there, right in the middle where the Nadder could see him, and it infuriated her. She gestured with her shield to rush towards them with another harsh whisper of, "Get down!"

     Hiccup glanced around, before quickly ducking in behind her. Lanky and small━he looked more like a stick than a real human being with his shield far too big for him and an axe that was no longer an axe, just a burnt piece of wood. He was just hopeless.