FOR ME OR FOR YOU

Start from the beginning

Lydia nodded in agreement.

"You were possessed by a nogitsune and became void," she stated.

"You died," Theo added.

"You came back to life."

"Lost your memories."

Issac dared to be bold, "And you and Derek-"

Maia held up a hand and cut him off, "Okay! Enough."

She closed her eyes briefly and took a deep breath before addressing them calmly, "I will only say this once and then you'll drop it: I am fine. I'll admit that I'm having trouble readjusting but pressuring me isn't going to make it any easier."

They bowed their heads in shame and went silent. She felt somewhat guilty, but it felt good to get it off her chest.

"If I need to talk, I will," she promised.

They nodded in acceptance. She sighed deeply and turned to walk back to her room. But before she left, her phone buzzed and she read the text she received from Argent.

She faced then again, "We need to go."

--

Argent had finally put all of his affairs in order. He organized everything for their trip, including quick transportation, weapons, international guidance, and lodging.

He had everything except for the specific locations, which Maia kept to herself. She gave him the general area, but decided that it was safer if she was the only one to know the exact coordinates.

"I've arranged for some contacts of mine to help us get in and out of each country with little interference."

"Wait," Stiles stopped, "Like government interference? As in, this is illegal?"

"It's the best I can do," the man shrugged.

Maia kept her eyes glued to the map he'd spread out on the table. She followed each red pin that marked the spots where she hid the parts of the weapon.

"But we're still low on resources," Argent reminded, "We barely have enough money for singular transportation, let alone enough for all of us."

"We already agreed that the puppy pack would stay behind," Stiles said. Liam pouted at the name again.

Maia looked up, "Theo, Issac, and Roan will stay too. They'll keep a close eye on the woods in case any more hunters pass through."

"Or Isla and Colin reappear," Issac muttered.

She glared lightly at the boy, who held up his hands in surrender.

"In which case, you avoid them at all costs," Scott instructed. They nodded in compliance.

Roan stepped forward from his spot at the back of the group, "I still think I should be going with you."

Derek scoffed, "You're not going anywhere near this weapon."

Roan tried to argue but Maia stopped them both with a curt glare. They both backed away from each other.

"You'll stay here in case any trouble comes by," Maia ordered, "You know my mother and Colin almost as well as I do. You'll know the best way to handle them."

Anger and hesitance flashed through his eyes. He could feel it, so he turned to the side and grit his teeth. Taking it as a gesture of submission, Maia refocused on Argent.

"When do we leave?"

"First thing tomorrow."

She nodded and straightened up. Scott took a deep breath before addressing them all.

Ghost | Derek Hale On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara