80. Love's Detonation

Guys, I was listening to the song above while writing this first part. You can listen to it as your read it but if you want to, I'll tell you when to start to have it fit perfectly!

Asarte gasped, her eyes widening at the two falling through the air over the man's shoulder. It was Layla and... Akil... Akil! The Aquarius reached out, wrapping the girl in his arms as they both fell through the night air much slower than they could have been.

"NO!" Seth screamed, electricity exploding all around him at the sight that he refused to watch.

The weapon was just a few inches from her head when the palace doors burst open with a kick of the familiar horse's feet. "Asarte!" Zane shouted, hurling the rock in his hand forward. Maybe the Virgo would have flinched at the proximity of the solid boulder to her face as it slammed into the burning cane, throwing it out of the older man's hand... but she was already rising onto her feet.

She wouldn't let the two fall.

Asarte raced past the Aries, her movements caught in the slowed time that she raged through, desperate to save her friends. Her eyes followed them, Akil and Layla suspended in the air as the ground beneath her began to lift the girl up. With a true speed that contrasted the slow-moving of her limbs, the Virgo lifted herself up in an attempt to reach the two before it was too late.

"After her!" Seth commanded loudly, tearing the weapon from his torso with a volume that propelled Zane forward and turned the Aries to face him.

His pale skin was nearly blue with the electricity sparkling beneath Seth's skin, charging his eyes to a bright blue color that glowed dangerously as he walked forward. Thunder blasting through the night with each step the albino moved closer to his enemy.

Shakla neighed in fear at the sudden explosion of lightning that erupted within the dark clouds of the night sky, brightening the world to a blinding brightness for a moment as the horse raced toward Asarte. In the sky above, a sudden storm of lightning conjoined to create the beast of the Sagittarius's creation. Through the clouds, the untamed dragon glowed with a charged white color that circled above the palace.

The Aries seemed surprised for only a moment before he turned his attention to Asarte, shooting two strikes of burning fire at the sand lifting her off the ground. Seth caught one of them, but the other blasted through the girl's support and she fell back with a gasp. Zane was already racing toward her to catch the girl.

But Asarte's attention remained unbroken when she reached helplessly toward the two. From the ground beneath her, exploded a formation of strong sand that shot into the night sky. It's fingers uncurled just as hers moved, a large hand reaching toward Akil and Layla. Her eyes widened when Asarte was just a few feet from the ground, a sigh of relief leaving her lips when the soft hold carefully closed around the two Zodiacs.

She closed her eyes, preparing for the contact with the ground.

"No!" Zane shouted, lifting himself up to jump off of the moving horse. His arms wrapped around the girl as they flew through the air, falling safely past the stone platform. "Got you!" He shouted before they both plunged beneath the surface of the Nile.

The water would have been dark with the lack of light of the night, but the lightning blasting above them brightened the river with each loud burst of electricity.

Seth reached down, not bothering to bend down with his thundering steps forward because the electricity that shot from his hand grasped the blade's hilt and pulled it to his grip with a loud crack. He glared at the fire sign in front of him with glowing eyes and lightning crackling beneath his own blue-colored skin.