38. On The Arrow Head

"I'm going to go then," Zane smiled down at the girl walking along the cave's entrance with him. Once they were alone, he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled Asarte against his chest with a smirk that drew his eyes down to her lips.

Asarte gleamed with a wide smile while she let the boy pull her toward him. "Okay," she shined with an excitement that radiated onto anybody who laid eyes on the girl.

Zane brought his head forward until their noses brushed playfully, making Asarte's lips tremble with the will to hold back her smile from such an intimate distance. He saw her cheeks begin to glow warmly at the same shrunken space that'd been between them when he last kissed her. "Are you not going to tell me goodbye?" He asked, his voice dropping to a whisper that played seductively along her mouth.

Nobody was around them. All of the other Zodiacs and Zahra were busy enjoying their afternoon breakfast that Tau and Seth had both worked to cook up together. They were incredibly similar in behavior, bringing the same, yet entirely different energy to any conversation they joined. It was each of their charms.

"Goodbye," she grinned, letting Zane lightly push her head back by placing his forehead gently against hers as he continued to look into her eyes. But Asarte's gaze dropped to the ground in building nervousness.

He furrowed his eyebrows at her response, sliding his forehead against hers until his cheek pressed into the side of Asarte's head, letting him straighten once again. "That's it?" He whispered in question, allowing his lips to purposely graze the top of her ear.

The movement sent pleasant shockwaves down her back, making the youngest Zodiac shiver in Zane's grip. She glanced toward the cave once again, self-conscious that anybody might see the private moment and tease her about it. "Here?" Asarte questioned. Her hands slip up the boy's arms to allow herself to move away just enough to meet his piercing, green eyes.

"I can be quick," Zane smirked, teasing her when he saw her cheeks begin to flush with the rising fluster he caused. He couldn't help looking down at her lips once more, almost mesmerized by the memory of how they'd tasted on the rooftop.

"Zane!" She laughed quietly when he leaned forward, matching his movements by leaning back and unconsciously putting her body's weight onto the boy holding her. His arm tightened around Asarte to continue holding her against him.

He stepped forward to match the redirection of her weight, gradually moving them away from the cave's entrance for more privacy. "Just one," he teased, wrapping his arm around her lower back. "Oh, Asarte, I can't resist you," Zane groaned, pressing her back into the raised mountain just bayside the large entryway.

"Just one kiss?" She tilted her head to the side, letting her fingers lightly circle the boy's upper arms before sliding to his shoulders.

"Just one," he answered and leaned forward until their foreheads pressed together once again, making Asarte tilt her head up to match his height. "I'll do anything for one." The boy shook his head to emphasize just how willing he would be to receive the single peck.

It made Asarte chuckle. "Fine," she finally agreed.

Zane's smile widened as he lowered himself toward her, pressing his lips against hers with an unexpected firmness that made Asarte lean further into the mountain behind her. His hands slid across her back until they rested on the back of her ribcage, circling slightly around her side to strengthen his grip on her body.

Asarte's hands lifted into his hair, running through the short hair that was quickly beginning to grow after he abandoned his last haircut date to meet her. But it looked, and felt, nice as it slid through her fingers; every touch making Zane's lips grow more passionate on hers.