n i n e

1052 words

🐱 POV

"Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid—" Adrien kept chanting to himself as he walked down the street. Plagg was on his shoulder, trying his best not to laugh. He was wearing a black hoodie so it was harder for the kwami to be seen. He was using his fist to keep smacking his forehead, his bandages very visible.

"The heck are you doing, kid?" the black cat asked bluntly, noticing his anger and most likely not having a care in the world but asking anyway. "You kissed the girl of your dreams, big deal! What's got you so upset? Shouldn't you be like.. I don't know, happy that you kissed her?"

"That's not why I am.." he removed both his hands from his forehead and quoted his word. "'Upset', for your information, I am freaking out because I found out that her kissing me was not a dream, and I'm trying to figure out why I agreed to hang out with her, Alya, and Nino at her place, and I hope to god I won't explode." he rambled, about to keep going. "Plagg, you know I how I get when she looks.. anything." he had finally stopped, which was a relief from the tiny black cat, so that he could finally speak up aswell. The kwami huffed, "You were fine last time, until.." Adrien's face turned immediately red. "..you know what, so you'll be fine, just imagine her as Ladybug."

His eyes widened and thought for a moment. "That may work, but I may roll out sarcastic phrases by accident."

Plagg huffed, crossing his little arms. This dense idiot—

"I'm also worried what Nino and Alya will think of.." he waved his hands. "This."

He grinned. "Don't think too much of it, they know that Verre happened." he stated simply. "Besides, Marinette has them too."

"Don't remind me."

"Adrien Adrien Adrien Adrien Adrien Adrien Adrien—" this was Alya, and it went on for a good five minutes. He had a hard time ignoring her, since she kept poking his cheek every time she kept chanting his name. It was annoying, to say the least. He had kept zoning out, thinking back to last night. He assumed that Marinette could also be thinking about it, after her admitting to liking him last night. He was surprised to be able to keep his composure. But he guessed Alya saw right through it, and was currently trying to get answers from him. But he was able to ignore her for the most part, which surprised him dearly. If Plagg were there, he would most likely be shocked too, since he would normally be red in the face and spitting out useless informatives that his brain could muster. "Adrien!" she yelled out again, interrupting his thoughts and causing him to look straight at her, which wasn't hard since she was right in his face. All he did was raise one of his eyebrows and smirked slightly. Ever since last night, his Chat Noir image was affecting Adrien, ever since that kiss he felt his Chat Noir confidence rubbing on Adrien, as if he could do anything since the love of his life kissed him. His eyebrows wiggled, "What do you want, Alya? I'm over here, trying to enjoy this croissant and your HARASSING me!" he complained dramatically, still smirking with his croissant in hand. She gasped at him then slid away mumbling angrily.

Nino laughed heartily, holding his hand out for his girlfriend. She angrily accepted it, sitting down next to him and wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Marinette, what are you smiling about?" he asked suspiciously, only to receive a squeak or surprise in return. The blond found this adorable, but brushed it off before he got any strange thoughts. He knew what she was smiling about, since he couldn't stop thinking about it either. "And don't say your casual 'o-oh! It is nothing!' because, sister I know you way too well to be fooled by that bullsh-"

Fortunately for Marinette, Adrien was right next to his best friend, so he quickly slapped his hand over his mouth. He grinned sheepishly at his crush, who just chuckled back.

"Shut your dumbass—"

🐞 POV

Marinette had really no understanding of what was happening anymore. Adrien's bandaged hand was clamped over his best friends mouth, and was now whispering something angrily in his ear.

Her heart sank, her previous warmth feeling now shattered, replaced with guilt.

Adrien's bandaged  hand. It wasn't bandaged during their last hang out.

She wouldn't forgive himself for him getting hurt. She was the hero of Paris, and she couldn't even protect her best friend. Where else could he have gotten hurt?

Marinette hesitantly placed her hand on his shoulder, to get his attention. He stopped scolding Nino and glanced back at her, with his back still leaned and his eyebrow arched. She carefully took his wrist in her hand, which he just responded with concern in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for bringing this up, but how's your.. you know whats?" she felt cautious of her words, hoping dearly not to offend him too much.

He just flashed a soft smile in return. "They're fine." he said simply, lifting up her spirits a small bit. "I don't even feel them anymore, but they were still.. there. I covered them. What about yours?" he asked, using both his hands to point at her arms.

She shrugged, "They're fine, I suppose."

"Gossiping without us?" Nino said in said bandaged boy's ear. He flinched back just to glare in response, then just laughed at his reaction.

Marinette hadn't let go of Adrien's wrist yet, she hadn't noticed yet either. She flashed a grin and her friends. "I hope you don't mind, I invited two previously enemized friends, I hope you don't mind." she noticed his eyes widen, as if already guessing who it was.

The trapdoor to her room flew open aggressively, with a fist straight in the air. She was genuinely surprised by this, so she clung into the man who was currently bandaged all around his ribs. She felt it once her arms wrapped around his waist.

Two familiar faces came up. "We're back from America!" they both said in sync. The others just beamed a smile at them.

"Luka! Chloe! Welcome back!"