Rescue-Part 1

MIkaelson Mansion

"Cami, Hayley, Hope!" The names echoed through the mansion. The high pitch tone that was used gave away the nerves as the girls were reunited with their friend, Davina. 

"Davina!" Cami hugged her friend so tightly. "Thanks for coming," Hayley said and Hope finally popped up and embraced her Aunt in a sweet hug.

"Auntie Davina!" she looked up and smiled and then asked the question that was unspoken, "Where's Uncle Kol?" 

"I'm right here, darling!" Kol stepped in the house carrying some overnight bags and their newborn baby in his arms. Cami immediately started cooing at the sight of the baby, she had seen the texts, but nothing compared to the sight of that baby in person. He was the spitting image of a baby Kol, but he had Davina's eyes. "This is your cousin, Reese Mikaelson," Kol told Hope as he embraced her in a hug.

Hope was practically beaming at the prospect of having a cousin and the possibility that she would be able to hold the baby or dress him up, this was way better than having a baby doll in the house.  Hayley laughed at her daughter's eagerness and was glad for a tiny distraction from their looming problems. 

"Hope, why don't you let your aunt and uncle get settled in, while you go get your bath. After you get ready for bed, then you can help read Reese a bed time story." Hope practically sprinted upstairs.

"Well, that the first time I actually think she wanted to bathe." Hayley said and everyone laughed and Cami's heart warmed, this was what she was missing in the North Carolina mountains... friends, family, home. 

"So Kol how did you get out of this thing uncaptured?" Cami asked. "I feared when I stopped hearing from Davina that something went wrong." 

"No, Davina has us cloaked and that trio of wanna-bee originals still think I am dead from war against The Strix." Kol stated smiling at his wife who was now holding their baby.

"War with the Strix?" It was Cami's turn to speak up, she had no clue what they were talking about. "Yeah, Tristan found out Davina and I had found a way to conceive and he decided to take me out before that could happen using some ancient blade. Luckily, Marcel told us of the plan and Davina was able to protect the blade before it pierced me, meaning that technically I did die, but only for a few seconds before the protection spell went into effect- it was like nothing ever happened. That allowed us cloak and disappear as if I was dead, which was perfect timing since Davina was already pregnant. And it will help us now, it gives us leverage in getting back my siblings. They won't see me coming. I had told her not to tell you, figured the less you knew the better." 

"Yes, but you risk exposing yourself, your child?" Cami was worried for the new family.

"Cami, they're my brothers, my sister. We promised... always and forever. It's a risk I will have to take, besides if anyone can outsmart that trio it's my amazing wife and her two girlfriends." He smiled at the girls around him and they all giggled. "So what is the plan ladies?" he asked and Hayley looked to Cami and then to Davina.

Hayley spoke up, "We're going to have to split up actually," and although she spoke confidently about what her and Cami had planned the night prior, she was in fact nervous.  

"Davina is going to go with Cami to save Klaus, while Kol and I are going after Rebekah and Elijah. Marcel is going to stay here with Hope and the baby. This place is protected by the boundary spell that Freya had put into place before she left the country with Keelin. The only one able to contact her is Rebekah so right now she can't help us, but I think this plan will work regardless." Hayley said as confidently as she could.