~ Princess Mononoke ~ REQUESTED

COMMENT
VOTE
REQUEST
I'll be off from work for a while so I'll have more time to get request out in a timely matter!!! Also I will be adding Attack on Titans to my list!!
Word count: 919
———————————-

Blood

The scent of blood filled the air around me as I continued through the forest. The elk I rode skidded past countless dead bodies of the boars to follow God.

"There she goes, the Forest Spirit's child!" I heard the cries of the few survivors that laid around me. I pulled on the reigns of Hange to come to a complete stop as my hair came to my waist.

"Yes it is I! Why, why did you all try to fight a suicidal war-"
"It is your kid's fault! The Forest Spirit should have never taken in a human like yourself". I leaped off of Hange to face the boar with cold eyes.

"It is not his fault that you all decided to fight to avenge only one death. Now look what you've done? They are coming for us all now," the boars sat in silence.
But the silence was soon interrupted by the vibrations of a loud thud that shook through the ground. Off in the distance I could see smoke and multiple colors shoot up like firecrackers.

No
No no no no no no

The ground under us finally stopped shaking but was soon being replaced by darkness and the smell of death.

"Princess Akiho, please, speak to the dead" Lady Eboshi croaked out as her group ran from the forest with her lying on a wooden stretcher. She was clutching her right shoulder that was bleeding profusely. A cool smirk appeared on my face at the only explanation for her injury..

"Hmm, I see you spoke to Moro Lady Eboshi. But, I must say that will not be enough payment for slaying the Forest Spirit," she gritted her teeth as she glared harshly at me.

"I genuinely thought there could be hope for you Y/n, but your just has deranged as the wolf girl".  I smiled to fight off the onslaught of tears that threatened to spill out as she silently confirmed my worst thoughts. With the forest spirit dying the land around us would soon join him causing our untimely demise. Just because they were selfish creatures who wished for mortality.

"Where is his head?" I asked softly to which they all noticed, looking around at each other in a sudden panic.

"U-um, we actually don't have it my lady. Jiko-bō the fake monk actually took it." I nodded firmly and grabbed Hange's hair to jump on her back. She already knew where she needed to go.

She ran towards the scent of decay and the loud thuds of the headless body walking toward its head.

Up ahead I finally saw San and Ashitaka as they ran after Jiko-bo who held the box with the aforementioned head. Ashitaka was the first to notice me as I made it to their side.

"Y/n go back it is not safe for you here!" He cried out as he tried to send me back towards the land that was still green.

"Ashitaka I must help! He raised me like Morro raised San-he's all I had," he nodded promptly and we raced forward. There was only a section of land left and I sent Hange to safety. Jiko-Bo stood at the top to avoid the decay but he was running out of time.

"Give him back his head and all will be restored Jiko-bo, please for once do some good!"  I yelled out as San moved to go behind him. If he refused to do this the right way then we would have no choice but to kill him.
''Listen kid, I don't expect you to understand this at the moment. But I'm doing you and San a favor here". He continued on his rant about how this would benefit us all when San finally slammed her dagger into his heart through his back.

He immediately stopped talking and fell to the ground, his body rolling down the hill into the slime where it turned to ash. She grabbed the forest spirits head and handed it to me.

"Y/n. I think it is best we hand it to him together," I nodded and she grasped the other side. We turned towards the body that finally caught up to us. He reached down for his head, but not before he petted mine. Once he placed his missing head on his shoulders he fell to the ground and disappeared.

His body covered the land restoring it to its former glory. The trees began to grow rapidly while flowers bloomed all around us, the rivers ran clear. If you did not know any better you would have never known this land was once destroyed by the very people who saved it.

"Y/n", I turned to San who was now upon one of Morro's children. "I can not live with these people after all they have done." I understood her point of view, but when I looked to Ashitaka I knew where I belonged.

"I understand San. But I am going to stay here and help rebuild and possibly make a better bond for the spirits and the humans."  I said as he grasped my hand
"Yes. I will do the same" she released a smile and I reached up to give her a hug.
"We will see each other soon, so you better be ready for a race!" She almosted started to laugh but she pushed me away to hide her teary smile.
"Till then Princess Akiho"
"Till then Princess Mononoke"

———————————————————-