chapter 20

The two had arrived at school, as Yeona and Jaemin stepped out, they could notice students whispering causing Yeona to sigh in annoyance, she took her bag walking off.

"Hey! At least a thank you?" Jaemin yelled as Yeona faced away from him walking.

"Thanks!" Yeona yelled back without looking. She continued forward.

Yeona was minding her business as she walked through the hallway, she noticed groups of people turning and looking at her whispering. Yeona sighed loudly making them aware that she knew they were talking about her, it didn't seem to phase them one bit.

As she was walking, she stumbled, almost falling when someone had pushed her.
"Oh sorry! Didn't mean to push you so hard."

Yeona turned irrited ready to hurt someone, until she noticed it was Sunghoon, she smiled.

"Hey Sunghoon." Yeona greeted.

"What happened outside? Why did you step out of the car with Jaemin?" Sunghoon asked not bothering to greet her back.

"He offered me a ride, that's all." Yeona replied.

"What was the occasion?"
"Just cause."
"Oh... okay."

Yeona turned looking at Sunghoon after noticing his sudden tone drop.

"What's wrong?" Yeona asked as she stopped walking.

"Ah nothing, nothing." Sunghoon replied, but Yeona knew something was bothering him.

"By the way what is everyone whispering about?" Yeona asked.

"Huh? You don't know?"
"No, why should I know?"
"They're whispering about you. I thought you would be the first person to know."

Yeonas eyebrows furrowed trying to figure out what she was missing that apparently she should be aware of.

"And that is...?"
"I mean your instagram. Have you not checked? You blew up like tremendously."

Yeona had completely forgotten about that app. She turned off notifications and just never bothered to check it, she decided to take out her phone to see what the big deal was.

Opening the app she saw exactly what he meant.

"Oh shit, since when did this happen?" Yeona asked herself. The app showed she had 1,000+ notifications of follows, likes, comments, and dms.

"You're instagram famous I guess." Sunghoon chuckled at her reaction.

"I don't wanna be insta famous, damn I really did not expect this to happen." Yeona closed her phone putting it in her pocket.

"You know you can like make money and stuff with that." Sunghoon suggested.

"And how would I make money by a few, no, ONE photo." Yeona chuckled at his idea.

"Go become a model or something. I mean you might not have the height but you have the visuals"
"I'm 5'7"
"Yea whatever, you can make hella money if you take a few photos."

Yeona thought about it for a second, not a terrible idea.

"Hey Sunghoon."
"Yea?"
"You're one smart bastard."
"I know."

Yeona and Sunghoon laughed at each other, Sunghoon comfortable rested his arm around her shoulder as the two continued down the hallways.

Fast forward end of the day...

The bell had just rang, and students were already piling in the hallways squeezing out the entrance door.
Yeona however took her sweet time seated in her desk, freshly woken up by the bell.

"Get up, let's go."

Yeona groaned loudly at whoever had pushed her shoulder.

"Come on the bell rang."

Another push.

"Get up, Yeona."

"Push me again and i'm breaking each and every single one of your fingers I swear." Yeona threatened not sparing one glance to the person.

"Yea you can break my fingers or whatever but that means I won't be able to save your ass when you get kidnapped again by EXO."

Yeonas eyes had fully opened when she heard "EXO". She sat up with her bleary eyes, it was Jaemin.

"Yea and what are you? My bodyguard? I don't need no saving..." Yeona grabbed her bag walking out of the classroom door into the already empty hallways. With not one student in sight, she walked down to the exit.

"It didn't look like you 'didn't need no saving' while you were halfway dead in that basement." Jaemin retorted with a chuckle at the end of his sentence as he caught up to Yeona.

"I'm not stupid, I learned my lesson already, just don't show my face in public anymore." Yeona states as she puts on a mask that covered half of her face.

"Don't show your place in public anymore? And you have a instagram account with like 10k followers, yea ok." Jaemin scoffs at her.

"I'm gonna need that to make money." Yeona says.

"Make money? And how would you do that?" Jaemin questions.

"Sunghoon said I could, i'm not sure how but he said I would make hella money, way better than a damn convenience store." Yeona replies.

"Sunghoon said that?"
"Yea, he said I had the looks and everything."
"You have to be tall to be a model."
"I'm literally 5'7, is everyone a midget to you when they're shorter?"

Jaemin chuckles at Yeonas comment. The two walked out of the school building.

"Where are you planning on going?" Jaemin asked Yeona as they walked outside.

"Home, where else?" Yeona asked.

"I thought you would go like, I don't know do rebellious teenager things."

"Rebellious teenager- is that how you think of me? I mean if you consider staying at home all day rebellious then I guess." Yeona laughed at Jaemin.

"That's boring though."
"Well what can I do? I don't have anything planned anyways."
"Do you wanna hang out?"

Yeona stopped walking turning to Jaemin.

"Are you asking me on a date?" Yeona asked.

"Of course not. I'm bored, you're bored. Let's go do something fun, come on life isn't fun when your stuck in your home all day."

Jaemin says as he grabs Yeonas wrist dragging him along.