chapter 11

Yeonas eyes were empty as the flashback played back in her mind. Her eyes slightly watered worrying Sunghoon.
"Are you, ok?" Sunghoon asked worryingly.

"sorry i'm gonna go."
In one quick motion Yeona grabbed her bag and walked out the door. Sunghoon quickly followed.

"Nam Yeona! What's the matter?" Sunghoon grabbed Yeonas wrist stopping her from walking. Yeona harshly ripped his hand off.

"Get lost." In her pit of mixed emotions, she walked off leaving a confused Sunghoon all alone.

Yeona took a taxi to take her back to her home. She checked the time, it was 1:00 pm.
Everytime Yeona is reminded of what happened to her girlfriend, she shuts the whole world out. It's been a year ever since the incident and she continues to blame herself.

With her trembling hand, Yeona reached the keys to her door as she walked in and closed it behind her. With tears in her eyes she walked to the fridge grabbing all her soju bottles and downing them in a rapid motion one by one.

It didn't take long for her to become drunk. Yeona was only 19, not of age to drink but did it anyways.

When Yeona is drunk, she tends to be violent and emotional.
She had a bottle in one hand and her phone in the other. She swiped through the photos of her and Ayeong. She had a specific album just of her, one of her biggest regrets was not taking enough photos of her. She only had 15 in total which she looked at while crying loudly.

In her wasted state, she threw her phone to the floor cracking the screen. She grabbed her hair and wailed loudly, like it was the day she died all over again.

Her right arm swung with no direction. She was lost and confused in her own apartment.
"Ayeong? Baby where are you?" She called for Ayeong. The absence of her voice drove her crazy, after a year she still can't accept the fact that she's gone.

"Ayeong i'm sorry. I'm sorry Ayeong." Yeona called for Ayeong as if she was still there. She looked aimlessly for her girlfriend in her small apartment, in her confusion, her arm swung like a rope cause a bottle to break on the wall.

"Why did it break...?" Confused as to why the glass bottle broke to the sudden impact of the wall, Yeona gripped the shards not knowing that they would cut into her.
"Ouch!" She pulled her hand away and through her blurry eyes watched as the blood dripped down from her hand down her arm.

Wanting to wipe her eyes, Yeona raised her right arm unaware of the half broken bottle she was still holding. She unknowingly sliced her cheek wiping her eyes.

"What...?" Yeona was confused where she felt this pain. More tears flowed down into the wound stinging the cut.
"Ah!" Yeona winced at the sharp pain trying to somehow "dodge" it.
"It hurts..." Yeona whined and wailed even louder. Her entire body was hurting for no reason.

"Yeona get yourself together." She told herself. She tried getting herself back on her feet using her hand as a balance. Once again unaware of the shards sticking out of her hand, she harshly pressed her hand to the floor sending the shards deeper into her hand.

"AH!" She fell to the floor as she held her hand in pain.
"Whyy does it hurt." Her hand throbbed painfully, she felt like she was dying. They pain shot through her body, she felt like she was gonna pass out from the pain.

Which she did.

Yeona woke up with a painful headache and swirly feeling in her stomach

Yeona woke up with a painful headache and swirly feeling in her stomach. She shot up basically crawling the bathroom puking up all she drank from yesterday.

She panted as if she ran a marathon as she flushed the vomit. Yeona was sweaty, drowsy, in pain, felt disgusting, every uncomfortable feeling anyone could feel, Yeona felt. She felt like passing out in the bathroom. Pushing herself from the floor, she jumped at the pain in her hand.

She looked at the wounds on her hand, the blood had dried but the grass was penetrated deep in her hand.

Fuck...

Yeona used her non inured hand to leave the bathroom. On the wall outside the door, there was blood, broken glass, and a half broken bottle.

It looked like a deadly fight happened except the person she was "fighting" with was herself.

She sighed not wanting to clean up the mess. She grabbed tweezers and sat at the table.

She breathed in deeply before pulling out the first shard. Yeona hissed as the shard slowly came out bigger making the wound larger and bleed more.

She had to do this with 6 other shards.

Yeona forced herself through the pain of the other 6 shards. By the end she was sweating and her hand with like a waterfall of blood. She rinsed it off with water and put a bandage on her hand.

She then realized she lost her phone. She barely remembered what she did besides waking up with cuts all over. She search everywhere and found it under the counter in the kitchen.

"Awh are you serious? I just got a new screen protector.. damn you drunk Yeona." Yeona whined at the badly cracked phone in her hands. She noticed 30+ notifications from Sunghoon.

Sunghoon

Where are you?
Are you ok?
Did I say something wrong?
Text me when you get home.
It's been 2 hours are you ok?
Why did you come to work?
Nam Yeona answer my calls.
Yeona text me
Yeona where are you?
Are you ok?

All the text from him were all concerned about her. She noticed the time and realized she was 2 hours late for school.

Sunghoon

Where are you?
Are you ok?
Did I say something wrong?
Text me when you get home.
It's been 2 hours are you ok?
Why did you come to work?
Nam Yeona answer my calls.
Yeona text me
Yeona where are you?
Are you ok?

Sorry. I'm home right now and i'm ok.
ᴿᵉᵃᵈ

NAM YEONA
you mf
why'd it take you so long to answer?
Where are you right now?
Why aren't you at school?

Sunghoon I'm ok don't worry i'll be at there soon.

Are you sick?
Did you get hurt anywhere?
Stay home if you're hurt.

No it's ok i'm getting ready right now see you in a bit.

Yeona was currently walking to the school since there were no buses.
"Damn it I smell like alcohol." Yeona had a slight alcohol scent still lingering her body even after showering.

She saw a small store to the side and quickly ran in looking for perfume.
"Hello may I help you find something?" A worker asked.

"I need your strongest perfume."
"Can you specify what kinda scent or brand you may be looking for?"
"Just anything strong."

The worker grabbed a pink glass bottled perfume.
"This perfume is limited edition and the strongest we have here." The worker sprayer the scent in the air almost making Yeona gag. It smelt like old people and castles

"Ugh no no not that one." Yeona gave her a disgusted look at the worker.
"Something natural, everyday."

The worker nodded leading her to another section with more natural looking bottles.
"How about this one?" The worker sprayed it once.

"Good enough, how much?"

"$150" Yeona choked on air hearing the price.
"What kinda bullshit... never mind I don't want it." Yeona walked away leaving the worker stunned.

I'd be a dumbass to spend $150 on a fucking perfume.

Yeona made it to her school after almost an hour of walking. School was halfway ending at this point but she still quickly walked in going to her class.