[55] Hero Support

Start from the beginning

Shiori studied you for a moment before nodding, a barely noticeable smile on her face. "Very well. I've taken more than enough information from you all . . . In all honesty, just knowing there are living civilizations on the Dark Continent alone is very valuable knowledge indeed. Although, what to do with it . . ."

Even with her face scrunched up in thought as she pondered over what she could do with this information, Shiori was undeniably pretty.

"I suppose that's a worry for another time," the black-haired woman sighed. "Is there anything else you'd like to know? I feel as if this trade is too much in my favor."

For a moment, you thought about it, head tilting to the side. Shiori didn't seem to know a lot about Ai lifeforms, and so she'd probably not have much in regards to getting back home, but she may have knowledge on other people in the other world.

". . . Do you have any information about a man named Pariston Hill?"

The immediate morph of disgust on Shiori's face had you pause, her lips curling back in a grimace.

"That disgusting sewer rat . . . Why do you want to know about him? He trained you, didn't he?"

Yep. That was the same Pariston you have come to know and hate.

Ignoring Hanta's and Mina's quiet laughter at the evident disdain Shiori held for Pariston, you explained to her the situation. "Yeah, he trained me, but I know nothing about him. He's in their world, though, and I have no clue how to deal with him or get him out . . ."

"Hm."

Pulling out a pen and scrap of paper, Shiori started scrawling something down before handing the paper over to you. It was just a phone number with no indicator on who it could be for, but Shiori was adamant on you taking it. "Call him. If anybody knows how to tame Pariston, it'd be him. Ask for Isaac."

You didn't know who Isaac could be, but you trusted Shiori enough to believe her words. "Thank you. Truly."

Standing up, you gave her a respectful bow, your classmates following suit and causing Shiori to give a real smile, fond and somewhat awkward.

"No. I should be thanking you for the knowledge I've learned today." She stood up too, walking over to a chest that was haphazardly thrown open off to the side. She reached in, rummaging around for a moment before pulling out a box and walking back to hand it to you as well. However, you didn't take it, staring at it skeptically for a moment.

Shiori's look of exasperation finally pushed you to gingerly take the box, opening it carefully. You weren't sure what to expect, but you certainly hadn't been expecting a watch, a shiny silver that looked like it had never been touched by even the air.

What the hell were you supposed to do with this?

Seeing your confusion, Shiori removed the watch and put it around your wrist — you could only watch in confusion, and finally she spoke up.

"Whether you stay in that world, or come back here, is your choice." She let go of your wrist but stayed close. "But if you ever find yourself back here, and you need help, imbue your nen into this button right here," she pointed out a small button on the side, "and I will come to your aid."

Patting your head twice, Shiori finally stepped back, her fond smile fading back into a stoic mask. "Chrollo . . . I don't know why, but he has an interest in your abilities. If he ever gives you trouble, let me know and I'll be there to put him in line."

Her charcoal eyes narrowed, and it took you a moment to recognize the emotion that flashed in them. She was . . . annoyed?

Seriously, what was their relationship, here?!