"But—"

Raising his voice, Robbie makes me jump out of my skin as both hands fly up in front of him in frustration. "I swear to fucking God, shut the hell up! Okay?"

I nod and quickly lie back down, my heart thrashing in my chest as tears fall, a chill running through me. Seeing Eric's window slowly becoming more transparent with every passing minute, the blackout eliminated by the sunlight, I'm thankful that he's asleep. However, he's in the company of a lovely blonde lying on his chest who wasn't there before the windows dimmed last night.

Eric would have taken some sort of joy in seeing that, to tell my dad that the boy he despises was violently grabbing his daughter. Robbie's never done that before and when he calms down, we'll talk like adults, and hopefully get to the bottom of whatever is going on.

I'm not stupid. He's up to something, but I'm the type that needs solid proof before I can see that someone is guilty. We've been together for so long, I couldn't imagine not having him, even though he's barely even around.

As for manhandling me... yeah, I'll deal with that tomorrow.

I wipe away my tears, rubbing my jaw gently, feeling the swelling, the ache. I don't even try to be quiet and stop the whimpers. I want Robbie to apologise for his outburst, to wrap his arm around me and promise not to do it again. But he doesn't, he falls asleep right away without another word.

Can I really get at him about something that might not even be wrong? What if he did just stay at a friend's house?

I did just imagine Eric all over me. Maybe it is all in my head, and I do have a guilty conscience?

But then again, Robbie hurt me. Will he say sorry in the morning and promise not to do it again?

After an hour of me lying in bed, contemplating my options with Robbie, I feel him closing in behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me so my back is to his chest. He dips his head into the nape of my neck, kissing it softly, twice.

"Are you still mad?" he whispers, nudging the back of my ear with his nose as I watch Eric roll on to his side, facing away from us. "Just say no."

I mumble a response, and he reaches forward, intertwining our fingers, resting them between my breasts. I can feel how hard he is pressing against me, my eyes screwed shut as his other hand pulls down my shorts.

_______________

He left for work a few hours ago, kissing me like nothing happened.

Yeah, I had sex with him and although I'm glad we still have something; I feel worse because I didn't feel any emotional connection. Not only was it over within a few minutes, but Robbie also didn't even attempt to get me off. He did his business with me, got out of bed, and showered.

I had walked downstairs with the duvet wrapped around me and he was sitting on the couch watching tv. He smiled at me and told me I looked beautiful, before turning back to the screen.

He was gone by the time I got out of the shower.

I had called my best friend and within ten minutes, she was at my door.

"Danielle? Hello..."

I look up at Ainsley, lying on Robbie's side of the bed, asking me to relay every single detail from this morning. "Sorry, I'm tired. Um..." I lay my head on her stomach, staring at the ceiling while she plays with my hair. "I didn't... like, I didn't feel anything."

"What do you mean?" she questions. "Sexually or emotionally?"

Fighting back yet another trembling lip, I hike my knees up and pull my sleeves down over my hands. "It didn't feel good. I mean, I could tell it was in there, but I felt absolutely nothing."