Memories

Helena's pov

I love flying.

The feeling of the wind brushing against my skin, the adrenalin rush and not to mention the view you get from up there.

I shot through the air, letting the cool breeze ruffle my hair. 

I lay back on my broom staring at the sky. studying each cloud. The rays of sunlight glistening on the black lake in the distance. I was never gonna get enough of this.

"OI! Helena" Fred called " You wanna have a race?"

I drifted down to where he was hovering above the grass.

"You know I do. The question is are you ready to loose." I smirked at him.

"What?! I never loose." 

"Ha. You wish Weasley." 

We shifted on our brooms. Both of us eager to race.

The race began. Fred and I took of sawing in the open space, each of us overtaking in cannon. I shot passed him taking an easy lead. I could hear him curse under his breath. I grinned to myself as I kept picking up speed, but I stopped when I saw a boy with ginger hair undertake me. 

We did another lap before crossing the finishing mark and lowering onto the grass below.

"How did you win?!" 

" Like I said, I never loose." Fred beamed.

" Oh come off it Fred you always loose. "

I felt a tap on my shoulder and someone whisper in my ear.

" No I don't." 

The ginger in front of me turned around to reveal that it wasn't Fred but George. I snapped my head around to see Fred on the floor in hysterical laughter.

"YOU GUYS TRICKED ME!" I screamed in frustration whilst marching over to George and smacking his shoulder.

The twins and I messed around on our brooms for the rest of the lesson until Madam Hooch told us we were dismissed.

...

"so what do we have next?" lee asked while we were walking back indoors.

"We have history of magic with Mr Binns." I groaned 

" I'd rather get dragged down to the bottom of the lake by a giant squid." He mumbled

We all laughed at lee's whining on our way to the next lesson.

...

I made my way into the classroom and sat down at my double desk with Fred. We sat in silence, waiting for Mr Binns to finish writing the title on the chalk board. I took out my parchment and quill and started writing down everything he was droning on about.

Upon the signature of the in , wizards went into hiding for good. It was natural, perhaps, that they formed their own small communities within a community. Many small villages and hamlets attracted several magical families, who banded together for mutual support and protection. The villages of in , in , and on the south coast of were notable homes to knots of Wizarding families who lived alongside tolerant and sometimes Muggles. Most celebrated of these half-magical dwelling places is, perhaps, , the village where the great wizard was born, and where , Wizarding smith, forged the first . The graveyard is full of the names of ancient magical families, and this accounts, no doubt, for the stories of hauntings that have dogged the little church beside it for many centuries.