ghosts

I woke up with this feeling that made me anxious, that something big was gonna change, i felt like my stomach was gonna fly off, 'cause it was full of butterflies. Anyways the feeling made me question my decision about moving into Hotel Cortez, i mean, how bad could it really be?

I already had packed everything up the night before, because i was so sure about moving, but now i was starting to doubt everything. I ignored the feeling, at first, because i thought i was just stressed about moving into a new place full of new people, but the feeling grew so big that i almost gave up on the idea of leaving.

I came to my senses, and that this was one in a life-time chance, so decided to go. I didn't have a lot of stuff, so i only had a backpack with me, full of important things, and some clothing. I couldn't afford a taxi, so i walked to the hotel, it wasn't so far away anyways.

i finally got to the hotel and walked in, just to get greeted by this tall, blonde, no eyebrows, woman. She had some well blended black eyeliner and a red lip, wow, she was stunning.

I assumed it was this Countess everyone was talking about. She was only tall because of her big heels, but she was intimidating, nonetheless. She grinned and walked towards me, to get closer. I bet it was hard to walk with such long heels and with a massive dress. 

"Hello my lovely, i heard quite a lot about you from Sally." She grinned. We were still standing in the main hall, by the doors, and i saw Sally behind The Countess, smiling. I was so surprised to meet her, and she was so beautiful, that i couldn't find any words to say.

"Yeah? like what?" I said curiously. The Countess stroke my cheek, gently.

"Like you're moving here, with us. I wanted to welcome the new comer, personally." The Countess said, with a soft voice. I probably blushed, because everyone in the room (that was Iris, Sally and Liz) quietly laughed. I didn't know what to answer, so i said to consider me welcomed, and went to the reception, to get my key.

"Room 64, for you" The grey haired, short reception lady, Iris said with a big grin on her face. Sally came from behind me saying:

"Oh Iris, don't be so ruthless to her, right away" She laughed. I was confused as Iris and Sally was laughing together, so i turned to look at The Countess, She just winked at me and sipped from her wine glass.

After some time, Liz offered to lead me to my room. We got to the room, and i got the shivers, why do i keep on getting shivers? We opened the door of room 64, and i felt the cold air hit my face. 

I put my backpack on the floor and sat on the bed, making eye contact with Liz, who was leaning onto the door frame.

"Why were they laughing? Did something happen in this room?" I asked. Liz chuckled and shook her head.

"The first owner of this hotel lived here" Liz looked away scanning the room with her eyes, "he was a famous serial killer, James Patrick March." Liz looked back at me, with a straight face. 

"You think his ghost lives here?" I raised my eyebrows, out of shock.

"I know so." Liz closed the door slowly. I kinda got scared of the sound of the door closing. I stood up to look around the place, opening every cabinet and closet, even the checking the bible, if someone had left some money there. 

I didn't find anything and i just fell on the bed, i was exhausted from all the walking and talking, so i took a nap.

i woke up sweaty and out of breath. I turned my head to the right and saw Sally smoking a cigarette on the couch. I was holding my chest, and before i could say anything, Sally said:

"It's the ghosts, they want to hurt. Don't you worry though, i'll take care of it."