money problems

I have been struggling with money for quite a while now. Few of my friends requested i'd move to an affordable hotel. After some looking and digging around, i discovered that there's not a lot of cheap hotels in LA, California, and i didn't have enough cash to fly or drive anywhere else. I often consider myself dumb and stupid for moving into LA, but self-hatred doesn't help with anything, if anything, makes everything worse.

I was walking through the streets of Cali, already looking for a spot to sleep in for the rest of my days, since, i was totally gonna get kicked out from my flat. I was looking at all of the homeless people, especially this lady that was in-front of me with red lipstick and some fucked up black eye shadow. She was wearing a fuzzy coat that had a leopard pattern on it. It was clear, that she hasn't showered in a few days. She was lighting up a cigarette, and leaning into the fence next to her.

i must had stared at her for a good while, because she noticed me and smiled.

"Are you scared you're gonna end up like me?" she said. "huh?" i thought to myself. Why was this woman talking to me in the middle of the day? I just stared at my feet, keeping my head down, before saying:

"If you're homeless, then i know i'm gonna end up like you". I leaned onto the fence she was leaning into. I thought i was funny and chuckled a bit. She didn't seem to laugh though. I was wearing a white nightgown and some ripped tights, much like she was wearing ones. She was scanning me with her eyes and then stared into my soul, shivers.

Then she laughed and shook her head and then rested her head on the fence, looking up. I, too, looked up and that was the moment i realized we were standing outside of an massive hotel. Even though the hotel was massive, I've never heard of it before, and i'm pretty sure i googled every possible hotel around town.

"i'm not homeless, silly goose." she looked at me, "i live in the hotel". My eyes focused on her again, and then on the sign next to me that said "closed, forever". I look at the sign and then at this mysterious lady.

"it says it's closed" i say confused and i point to the sign with my finger. Her smile quickly turned into a death stare.

"Well, welcome to the re-opening, bitch". She kicked the sign over with her heel without breaking eye contact. There was something weird about her, i couldn't put my finger on it. It was like even though she was upset, there was no emotion inside. I backed out to see the hotel more clearly and to distant myself from her, after all, she seemed like a drunk.

The hotel was bigger than i originally thought it was. It was vintage and dreamy, but something straight out of a horror movie. I was in disbelief that this poor looking woman lives in such a place. The lady was now stomping on her cigarette to put it out.

"I had my dreams and look where such foolishness made me end up" she sounded petty, I could tell that whatever was on her mind, it was making her upset. I didn't understand, she was so lucky to live in a hotel like this, i mean, it's way better than the streets. I slowly walked closer to her until i was face to face with her.

"Don't we all have our never-happening-dreams?" i looked into her eyes, and she seemed more calm now. i asked her if the hotel had a bar out of curiosity. She said yes, and that she would buy me a drink, if i wanted. I accepted and we began to walk towards the heavy doors of Hotel Cortez.

"i'm Sally, by the way." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you Sally." i smirked.