Vanessa wasn't quite sure when it started, she just knew that she didn't like it. "I don't know. It's been getting worse as the days go by." She just wanted to feel better.

"Well, I'm going to do what I can to help you feel better. Have you been sexually active in the last few weeks?" Dr. Santos asked and Vanessa blushed.

"I have," She answered.

Dr. Santos hummed and wrote something down on her clipboard. "I'm going to give you a pregnancy test. Fatigue and back pains are symptoms of pregnancy." She told Vanessa. "I'll grab a test and be right back,"

Woah. She could be pregnant. That would be nice.

She'd have a little baby who would have Reid's DNA.

Reid holding a brownie. "That would be nice," She sighed.

Dr. Santos came back into the room and handed Vanessa a Clearblue pregnancy kit.

Vanessa walked to the bathroom and waited for the results. She was nervous and she wanted to take a nap with Reid next to her. She missed her husband so much.

Three minutes passed and she decided to look at the results. "I-i'm pregnant?" Tears filled her eyes at the positive test. "Wow." She murmured and walked out of the bathroom.

Dr. Santos hummed. "Well, Mrs. Portalo, I'm sending you to get an ultrasound on floor five. I'm going to send you home with some prescriptions and prenatal vitamins," She explained.

Vanessa nodded and wiped the tears from her eyes. God, she was so happy. She was going to have another little angel and this time with a wonderful man.

She was blessed.

Once the ultrasound was done, Vanessa went on with her day. Before leaving the office she called her mother and asked if Lailah could stay the night with them. She didn't tell her why, but she had an idea that her mother already knew.

Now all she had to do was find a way to tell Reid. She knew that he was going to be excited, so she wanted to tell him in a grand way.

-

Reid unlocked the door and walked into the house. Work was a little stressful, but he handled everything before leaving. Now all he wanted to do was see his beautiful wife.

"Cara?" He called for her after not being met with a kiss.

Normally she would meet him at the door and attach herself to him. He loved it.

"Vanessa, where are you, my love?" He asked while walking down the hall.

She couldn't believe her ears. Reid was home!

"I'm in your office!" She called back and closed her laptop.

She was looking for ways to tell Reid that she was pregnant, but nothing seemed to pop out. Reid was a very attentive man, so she couldn't be basic.

Maybe she could just tell him flat out, just ease it into a conversation.

Reid opened the office door and saw Vanessa. She was more beautiful every day.

"Hi, darling." He walked over to her and kissed her cheek.

Vanessa smiled at him and held his hand. She loved touching him. "Hi, Reid!" She was so happy to see him. "I missed you so much today."

Reid kissed her hand and lifted her off the chair. He placed her on the desk and caressed her cheek. The feeling of her skin was lovely. "I missed you too. I also missed being greeted with a kiss and hug at the door," He murmured.