11. Hell

se·cret

ˈsēkrit/

adjective

"not known or seen or not meant to be known or seen by others."

-----

Do you ever feel like you've known someone for such a long amount of time, when in reality, you hardly know them at all?

That's how I felt about Jack.

Although I know of him and I have heard things that pertain to him; I hardly actually know anything about him, besides the obvious.

1. He's a cocky asshole who thinks about nothing but himself.

2. He enjoys doing illegal things, like underage drinking, which I absolutely despised and disagreed with.

3. He's insanely attractive.

4. He's a heart breaker.

Whenever I'm with Jack, I feel like I know all about him, every little thing.

But I don't.

I guess it's just my mind playing tricks on me, manipulating me into thinking or believing something that's not realistic.

I don't know Jack.

I don't know anything about him.

He was still a complete mystery to me.

The relationship that was in the works between the two of us was too complicated to explain in words.

It's nothing to be taken seriously, honestly.

It's just a fling, a little spark in our dull lives, if you will.

I know for a fact that I can never and will never develop actual feelings for him.

I'm smarter than that.

I deserve so much better than Jack.

He's immature, ruthless, and overly confident.

All of which are characteristics that I absolutely hate.

But having a little fun never hurt anybody, did it?

Actually, it might.

Johnson.

I'm in a very sticky situation, if you couldn't tell.

Johnson loves me.

I don't love Johnson.

I am openly having an affair with his old childhood best friend.

The odds really aren't in my favor.

If Jack and I were actually going to follow through with this whole "top secret scandalous affair" thing, then we really have to make sure no one finds out about it, whatsoever.

Even though Sawyer knows, I'm going to do my best to reassure her that I put a stop to the scandalous shenanigans.

If I have to lie just to add a little color into my black and white life, then so be it.

I'm going to hell anyways.

--

I woke up the next morning to the sound of heavy traffic racing along the busy street of my house. The iridescent pink color of the morning sun shined very lightly through my wide, open, window. I lifted the heavy, white, comforter, from off my body and stretched my stiff limbs into the thin air, letting out a desirable yawn.