After my tears have subsided. I grab my cell and decided to call Al. I need my best friend right now, and I wish she was here.

She answered on the third ring.

"Hey, how are you?"

"I'm okay," I lied.

"Ara, what's wrong? You're not a good liar sweetie. I know you well enough to know what you sound like when you're lying and when something is wrong."

"I did something stupid Al," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"I've fallen in love with Massimo Anastasi and his daughter," I said.

I hear her squeal in delight. "Sweetie, that's great."

"No it's not," I argued. "He doesn't love me back. The man is still in love with his dead wife, for crying out loud," I said.

"What makes you think that?"

"Al, you don't know him, the way I do. You don't hear and see the way he talks about his wife."

"Oh sweetie. Look, it will be okay. Just give him time. You're an amazing woman. He'll be stupid not to fall in love with you," she said.

"Al, he asked me to marry him for his daughter's sake..."

"What?"

"Look it wasn't exactly a proposal it was more like a proposition. A business arrangement. He wants to marry me because, and I quote, "you're good to Lia. You love her like your own. You make her happy, and she loves you..." Those were his exact words. Not once did he say he wanted to marry me because he loves me. But you know what the worse part is. He actually said that if I marry him, he'll just give me the money to start my daycare centre. I mean that cannot be more insulting," I said.

"Ara, I don't know what to say. I wish I was there right now."

"Me too. But you're coming back soon right?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm coming back this Saturday."

"I have Sunday's off. I really want to see you. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Al, I don't know what to do. I don't know if I can stay here feeling the way I do. Besides, what if he finds someone else to marry, to be Lia's mom. How can I be here and watch that? That would hurt terribly, and I'm already hurting," I said, while trying to stop myself from crying.

"You can agree to marry him," she suggested.

"What? No!"

"I know. You're not the type to settle for anything less than what you want and deserve. Look, only you can answer your question. But in always here to help you. Let me help you get your mind off Masimo. So...how about I set you up on a date on Sunday. It will help get your mind off of things," she said.

"I don't think that's a good idea Al," I said.

"Trust me, it's definitely a great idea. Look, you'll never know, you might hit it off with this guy, and then you won't have to worry about Massimo anymore."

She has a point. But...

"Let's say I say yes, who might this date be?" I asked.

"Erik has a friend. Well he actually saw your picture, and has been asking me to set you up on a date with him for a while now. I just haven't told you, because you're not really into blind dates, but I think this would be good though. We can have a double date."

"Okay," I said reluctantly.

"Okay?" She asked surprised.

I laughed lightly. "Yes, okay. I think you're right. I need a distraction to get my mind off of him, so yes, I'll go."

"Great! But hey, I gotta go. Erik's back from his meeting and he does not look like a happy man," she said.

"Okay. Say hi to him for me. Goodnight Al. Love you," I said.

"Love you too, sweetie," she said.

I smile at the phone on my hand. Al's really lucky. She and Eric has been married for 6 months now. They met 2 years ago, when Al applied as Erik's executive secretary. They didn't have a good start, but they are deliriously happy now. I'm happy that my best friend, finally found someone she loves and loves her in return.

If only Massimo felt the same way I did.

I sighed. How did my life get so crazy?

What do I do?

"I wish you were here mom, so you can tell me what to do... So you can hug me and tell me that everything is going to be okay," I said in tears.

With that last thought in mind, I cried myself to sleep.