𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 | 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Magsimula sa umpisa

Even now sitting in studio I am absent-minded. We have some sort of break during commercial break and it's so helpful, even though I'm sure that these few seconds will not help me concentrate and will not bring me back to life. It's doubtless fact that I'll need to attend Kit's office after the show.

If he heard this broadcast, it would not be surprising. My speech and my voice should help people wake up and inspire for being productive all week long, but today my voice could only help to die. He will not reprimand me, but we will have a heart-to-heart talk, which will turn into a psychological session.

Work always makes me happy, I really enjoy it, but everything what happened during past few weeks consumed me, and my mind seemed to be a little bit hazy. I'm scared to say it, but I lost interest in it, and I gladly ascribed it to my mental exhaustion.

I happened to hear that this week we have to host someone in our studio and I sincerely hope that it will be someone standing. I would give everything for it to be Zayn. Although I have not yet spoken to the manager, but I promised Zayn to do it, and I'll do it. I want to give him the recognition he deserves. He can seem indifferent in it or it seems to be done against his will, in spite of that I remember our drunk conversation a few months ago, when he said me, he wanted to go out of bars and lounges to perform at big venues.

"Vivian," Connor waved his hand in front of my face, "you seem distracted today. Do you care to share?" He said using his famous radio host intonation. Realization hit me quickly, and I fixed my headphones and microphone. I was so lost in my thoughts that missed the moment when commercials ended.

"What's private is not public." I glanced at Kit, who was showing thumbs up, and exhaled in relief. "My life is not interesting, as life of someone who is going to get married." I said sassily. If I were Connor, I'd never show my wedding or engagement to the world, because there too much attention to your personality, but he did otherwise, and I don't judge him. He was waiting for Alice to say 'yes' for so long and he is happy now.

"What if I tell you that in nearest future, I'll make your life more exciting and intriguing?" Soft chuckle left my mouth. My life is already full of all sorts of interesting things, I'm sorry, but I don't want nothing else. Connor was staring at me and I raised my brows.

"You have an important mission for next months and big day." He paused and I furrowed my brows. "Alice declared you to be her maid of honor." I widened my eyes, because honestly it wasn't what anticipated to hear. Obviously, I'm thankful and happy that they decided me to be an important person in organizing their wedding, but I didn't expect to hear this during the show while we are on air and thousands of people are listening to us.

"What? Like for real?" I'd be lying if I say I wasn't surprised. I pushed my microphone further and took off my headphones. I waved sound director to mute my mic. Connor was confused by my actions, but I mouthed him, "are you mental? Wait, are you serious?" He nodded. I looked down at our script and looked over all pages in order to find if it was planned.

"You seem speechless." He said, knowing that we still are on air. "Vivian, you will not find it in script, it wasn't arranged. It should be surprise." Connor nodded the director to unmute my microphone. Of course, he wants the whole bloody country to hear my mumbling and how I reacted.

"I-I don't know what to say. I'm really thankful for it, but are you both sure?" I mumbled hesitantly. I really wanted it to be their informed decision. I can't put my mind, why they chose me? Alice has lots of girl friends and sister as I remember, so what happened, and they chose me?

"We're hundred percent sure, so stop being doubtful and accept your new title with respect." He smiled. "You're too calm, can you say something?" I didn't want to offend him, but I'm shocked and nothing else.