S I X T E E N | One Day

Start from the beginning

"Sorry" I mumbled. Elliot shuffled around a little before settling back down. 

"You want to go give the contract now?" Elliot asked. I nodded in agreement as Jacob pulled up outside the house. Elliot stepped outside the car, letting me follow him out before he made a move to sit back inside.

"Come with?" I asked waiting for him to answer. He just smiled at me, taking my hand into his own, waiting for me to lead. I led us up the straight path towards the large white door. I rung the bell and waiting a couple of minutes before Stacey finally opened the door. Stacey was in her early thirties, and was always well-kept. Apart from now, that was. Right now, she was in a large night gown, her hair thrown up in a bun, a nose strip covering her nose. 

"Jess? What are you doing here at this time?" Stacey looked behind her at the clock, reading 10:30pm.

"I came to give you the contract, I told you I'd get it to you before Monday" I replied holding the paper in-front of me. 

"And you couldn't come alone?" she asked her eyes flashing to Elliot. Elliot's hands clenched by his side as he glared at Stacey. Without saying a word, Stacey turned around and slammed the door shut behind her, taking me aback.

"Why do you let her act like that?" Elliot asked completely pissed. I pulled at his arm leading us back to the car. 

"It's fine" I said as I slipped my arm away walking ahead of him.

"It most definitely is not" I heard a distant voice. I whipped my head around and caught Elliot banging on Stacey's door. "Elliot, don't" I ran up to him pulling him back. 

"I'm not going to let someone disrespect you, Jess. You shouldn't either." Elliot rubbed his forehead banging on the door once again. Stacey pulled the door open, glaring at both Elliot and I.

"What on Earth are you doing?" She yelled seething. 

"Something that Jess should have done a while ago" he said looking at me waiting for me to say something. He was right. Stacey had constantly disrespected me, every opportunity she had, making sure I felt bad for every little thing.

"Is there a problem?" Stacey asked folding her arms over her chest.

"I don't think you realise, Stacey. Jess is your boss, not the other way around" he smiled sarcastically at her. Stacey's stance faltered slightly but she stood tall once again.

"She wouldn't be able to do anything without me" she scoffed looking at me like I was the dirtiest thing to exist. 

"I think we both know that isn't true." Elliot folded his arm, copying Stacey's stance. Stacey looked over at Elliot and took a step back. I couldn't blame her, he looked extremely intimidating right now. 

"I'm sorry. I'll work on it" Stacey said lowly. I felt bad. Stacey may be the biggest bitch I've met but she was extremely good at was she did. 

"Your apology needs to be as loud as your disrespect was" Elliot said and on that final note he held my hand once again, leading us back to the car. 

"You can't just leave like that" Stacey yelled behind us. Elliot froze mid-step before turning around stalking back to Stacey, leaving me where we were. 

"You're right. I'll take this too" he said snatching the paper I had left with Stacey out of her hand. "You won't be needing it no more". I think my managers just been fired. As we piled back into the car, I couldn't help but take a breath of relief.

"You've had 3 different management companies asking to manage you, Jess. I'm pretty sure any of them would be ten folds better than Stacey" Elliot commented passing me my contract. I nodded accepting the fact that this wasn't the end of the world. I would just have to get into contact with one of the other managing firms.

"I'll email them myself." Elliot smiled.

"You guys staying over?" Elliot asked looking at Jacob.

"Not today, next time" he grinned dropping us off in our driveway. Waving them goodbye, I followed Elliot through the front-door.

"I'm sorry about earlier" Elliot mumbled throwing the house keys in to the key jar next to the door.

"About what?" I asked walking into the living room with Elliot close behind. 

"At school." he cleared his throat.

"Oh" is all I could say. "It's okay" I smiled at him taking a seat on the couch.

"It's not and I'm genuinely sorry. One day, Jess. One day I'll explain everything" Elliot looked down at me his eyes filling with hurt. 

"Okay" I smiled standing him wrapping my arms around his stomach, resting my head on his chest. Elliot's arms wrapped around me, one arm around my shoulders, the other resting against my hair, as he held me protectively. And with a kiss on the head, we called it a night. 

*****