Chapter 19

~Back to the rooftop~

(Barry's Pov)

Yes, finally! Maya finally accepts when I say I choose her... after twenty million tries.

I pulled out a ring from my pocket, but not just any ring, it's the $5 ring I got at Walmart when we were little, when I promised to marry her one day. I get down on one knee and say, "Maya Hernandez... Will you do me the honors and be... my girlfriend?" Maya looked like she was ready to cry right there.

"Bar... is that the ring?"

"The ring that I promised you when we were seven, why yes it is."
"You kept it all this time," Maya asked.

"Of course... A seven-year-old me vividly remembers that you said yes, but when we were older... and now with the newspaper, my inner seven-year-old can now chase his dreams."

Maya laughed, "I swear you're such a nerd."
"So are you. So what do you say... would you be the Padme to my Anakin?"

"Of course... I would love to be the Padme to your Anakin. Now kiss me like you miss me, Red. (A/n: Deadpool much...lol)" Maya said.

"You don't have to tell me twice." I gave her the biggest passionate kiss that I ever gave in my life. She's my person... and she'll always be my person.
"Alright, we better get back to others before Cisco starts with his jokes again," Maya stated after pulling away.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Let's go, my little lightning rod."

~Back downstairs in the Cortex~

"What took you two so long?," Cisco asked.
"We were having a conversation."

"Okay," Cisco said. Caitlin noticed the ring on Maya's hand that wasn't there before and that raised suspicion, so Caitlin asked her, "Maya, what's with the ring?" This caught everyone off guard while they stopped their conversations and put all the attention on Maya.

"Oh, shit... Barry proposed to her! My man got hitched," Cisco shouted in joy.

"No, it's not like that. This ring actually has a more special meaning behind it," Maya said.
"What's the meaning?," Caitlin asked.

"Barry was utterly in love with Maya when they were little, so one day I gave him $5 to spend at the store on whatever they want. Well, little Barry here bought a $5 ring for Maya and proposed to her when they were seven. I remember he came over and he told me she said yes and no, but she only said no because she said not till they are older, and from that day on little Barry vowed to hang on to the ring until they were older and she said yes," Joe said. I couldn't help but blush because now I have the girl.

"Oh, my god... that's so cute," Caitlin said in awe.
"So are you two a thing?," Cisco directed at me and Maya.

"Well... yes... it was actually pretty cheesy."
"Well, it was the perfect amount of cheesy," Maya said as she smiled at me. Oh god, how I love her smile.

"Yes... my ship has sailed, it's about damn time. So many years of will they won't they have finally ended," Iris stated with a smile.
"Well, here's to old friends... and new ones... to family and chosen family.... And to new relationships."

"Amen to that," Everyone shouted. After a while everyone went home. It has been a while since we heard from Wells, but we took the shit as it comes because it seems no matter how hard we try they could never get ahead of Wells and we are driving ourselves crazy trying to, so we are regrouping tomorrow.

~At the apartment~

"Movie night?," Maya asked.

"Movie night." Maya went to put the popcorn in the microwave so we could have snacks and I got the wine. Tonight's my choice. I chose Empire Strikes Back even though Maya was a Revenge of the Sith person, but everyone knows Empire Strikes Back is superior so I don't know what Maya is on, but I love her. I put the movie in and went to our wine fridge and fixed us each a glass. Maya was all ready on the couch with the popcorn before I came back, when I came back with the glasses.