Chapter 7

A/n: Slight smut; so if you don't like that type of thing skip this chapter :)

(Still Maya's Pov)
"You're the one to talk!" I exclaimed. I'm finally done with trying to hold back. How can someone be so oblivious to what is right in front of them? He's over here pining for the girl who's taken, while I'm here hurting because the man that I truly loved since elementary is in love with my best friend. It's just not fair. I love Iris, but how come she's always the one that everyone picks. Even my ex left me because he "loved Iris", well that was after he cheated, but my point still stands.

"What do you mean?" Barry confusedly asked

"You talk about why Iris doesn't see you standing in front of her, revealing that you are utterly in love with her. You say you're the one who's friendzoned, well that makes two of us," I scoffed. Barry seems even more confused by my harsh tone. Is that day I actually admit my feelings to him? No, I can't it will ruin everything, but I'm sick and tired of hiding, being his shoulder to cry on when something with Iris doesn't go as expected. I am tired of putting on a fake facade. The more I thought about it, the more my brain is telling me it's time to come clean and tell him already.
"What do you mean; that makes two of us?"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh... my... god... you're really that oblivious, are you?"

"Oblivious about what?"

"Nothing... let's just watch something since you are already here," I said grabbing the remote, turning on Netflix, putting on Magic Mike so I can pay attention to anything else but Barry. As the movie played Barry took the remote out of my hand and pressed the mute button, "Oh no you aren't doing this again."

"You aren't just going to slide by me and ignore this conversation," Barry raised his voice a bit. I stop trying to go for the remote and stand up to walk away, but Barry grabs my wrists and pulls me down back to the couch.

"We are having this conversation... you will not pull away, like you always do," Barry said the last part under his breath so I wouldn't hear, but I did. "What was that?," I said, getting annoyed. See, I have this problem called burying my emotions till they explode, which causes me to pull away a lot, but Barry is pushing every button right now to where I might just explode. "What..." Barry said, playing dumb.

"What do you mean; like you always do?"

"You always pull away instead of actually talking about how you feel," Barry said, obviously a little annoyed. "So penny for your thoughts?"

I turned back towards the tv and reached for the remote to unmute the movie. "MAYA!" I guess now's the time to tell him.

"I'm just tired!" I shouted.

"Tired of what?"

"Don't you ever think to look in front of you?"

"What do you mean?"