Chapter 5

Weeks had gone by, but there still had been no progress made by Barry or Maya. The only thing that had happened was that occasionally Maya and Barry both went into cardiac arrest. Joe and Iris had to watch them die repeatedly, and the doctor's couldn't figure out why. Every time they flatlined, the hospital would lose power.

One day Barry and Maya flatlined again, Iris had to go to work so Joe was there alone. Joe didn't know what to do... Maya and Barry are like his kids. He can't bear to see his kids flatlining repeatedly, so he just walked out of the room to collect his thoughts because he couldn't see them flatline again.

When Joe was outside, suddenly he heard a voice talk. It was Harrison Wells. He offered Joe to take Barry and Maya to S.T.A.R Labs because the doctor's there at Central City Hospital don't know what's going on with them and He's the only one that can help. Joe was so helpless at this point that he agreed.
Nine months later, Maya and Barry wake up.

"What are you doing?" Caitlyn asked.

"They like this song." Cisco stated.

"How could you possibly know that?

"I checked their Facebook pages. There was this one video that both of them were dancing around in pajamas singing at the top of their lungs. I mean, they can hear everything, right?"

"Auditory functions are the last sensory faculties to degenerate." As Caitlyn said that Maya woke up. "WHERE AM I?!" This scared Cisco and he jumped.
"OMG! You scared the HELL out of me."

"Where am I? Who are you?"

"I'm Cisco Ramon, and that's Caitlyn Snow or Dr. Snow."

"I'm going to have to run some tests on you. Just to make sure everything is alright."

"Okay." As I was getting my test done, Barry woke up.

"Where am I?"

"He's up. Dr. Wells, get down to the cortex, like, right now." Cisco said into a mic.

"Pulse 120, pupils equally reactive to light." Caitlyn said, flashing a light in his face. Barry was trying to fight her off. "Look at me, look at me. Hey, hey, whoa, whoa, relax. Everything's okay, man. You're at S.T.A.R. Labs." Cisco said.

"S.T.A.R. Labs? Who are you?"

"I'm Cisco Ramon. She's Caitlin—Dr. Snow."

"I need you to urinate in this." Caitlyn stated.

"Not this second." Cisco said as he grabbed the cup from her hand.

"What is—what is happening? What is going on?" Barry got up. "You were struck by lightning, dude."
"What?" Barry asked. He turned around and saw Maya. "Oh, hey maya... you were here the whole time?"

"Well, yeah.. I was struck with the same thing you were."

"Oh, are you okay?"

"Are you okay?" I asked. As I was staring at Barry, I noticed something different about him. HE HAD ABS! Either they were there before and I never noticed which that was impossible, so he just magically woke up with abs. "Damn!" I drooled a tab bit.

"What?!" Barry asked.

"Oh Shit! You heard that?"

"Yeah," Barry laughed. "What's wrong? Why did you say damn?"

"When did you get abs?"

"What do you mean?" Barry turned around. "Lightning gave me abs?"

"Your muscles should be in atrophied, but they're in a chronic and unexplained state of cellular regeneration." Caitlin said. "Come here. Have a seat. You were in a coma."

"For how long?" Barry asked.

"Nine months. Welcome back, Mr. Allen. We have a lot to discuss." Harrison Wells voiced. Barry and I turned to where the voice was coming from, it was Harrison Wells.

"It's hard to believe I'm here. I have always wanted to meet you face to face."

"Yeah? Well, you certainly went to great lengths to do it.S.T.A.R. Labs has not been operational since fema categorized us as a class four hazardous location.17 people died that night. Many more were injured. Myself amongst them."

"Jeez. What happened?"

"Nine months ago, the particle accelerator went online exactly as planned. For 45 minutes, I had achieved my life's dream. And then—then there was an anomaly. The electron volts became unmeasurable, The ring under us popped. Energy from that detonation was thrown into the sky and that seeded a storm cloud--"

"That created a lightning bolt. That struck me." Barry said.

"And me," I said.

"That's right. I was recovering myself... When I heard about you guys. The hospital was undergoing unexplainable power outages every time you guys were going into cardiac arrest, which was actually a misdiagnosis because you guys weren't flatlining, Barry. Your heartbeat was moving too fast for the ekg to register it. And Maya, your genes were changing so when they drew blood to test for stuff it came back all messed up and your heartbeat was so faint that it was hard for the ekg to register. Now, I'm not the most popular person in town these days, but detective west and his daughter gave me permission to bring you guys here, where we could stabilize you guys."

"Iris?" Barry asked.

"Iris, yes."

"She came to see you guys often. She talks a lot." Caitlin stated.

"Also, she's hot." Cisco voiced.

"I need to go." Barry said.

"No, you can't." Caitlin said.

"No, no. No, Caitlin's right. No, now that you're awake, we need to do more tests. You're still going through changes. There's so much that we don't know." Harrison said.

"I'm fine. Really, I feel normal. Thank you for saving my life. Really? Can I keep the sweatshirt?"

"Yeah, keep the sweatshirt."

"Okay. Sure." And with that, Barry rushed out.
"It's always Iris," I stated in annoyance.