Chapter 7 - His Concerns

Third Person POV :
After that incident happened, Test Tube didn't go to school for four days because she had to take a full rest. Her mother was so worried about the condition of her beloved daughter, as well as her father.

The school allowed the green-haired girl to rest and to get fully recover. The school tried to investigate the problem. But unfortunately, they did not find any evidence.

Lightbulb? Even though she knew what had happened, she had promised Test Tube not to tell anyone.

Present time

Fan's POV :
I haven't heard from Test Tube in four days. I heard she was sick, or a minor accident, well I don't really know. All I can think about now is her. I don't know why she's so important to me, whether it's a small thing or a big thing.

This is my second week at this school. I slowly opened my locker, but therefore I looked to my left and right, only to see where Test Tube was.

And there she was standing with a bandage on her head.

I felt anger boiling up inside of me, not angry at her for sure, but for who dared to hurt her. Seeing her fragile looks made me feel very awful.

I slowly approached her, then I gently tapped her shoulder. She trembled a little but then turned around and looked straight at me.

"Where have you been? I miss you so much you know that?" I spoke as I touched her cheek softly. She smiled but with a sad one, she held my hand and closed her eyes.

"It's nice to meet you again, Fan." She replied then opened her eyes

"But sadly, class is about to start so I have to go... I don't want to be late and neither do you." Soon she left me alone.

There's something so strange about her today, she's not as cheerful as usual, she looks like she wants to stay away from me.

She's not her usual self that's for sure.

I lifted my bag and walked to my first class. My first class is physics class, which is where the exam will start. I've been very prepared, but I just hope this day ends quickly.

When I got to class, I sat down in my seat. I sighed in annoyance because there was a feeling in my heart that made me feel very painful but also annoyed. The feeling was like wanting to find Test Tube immediately. Suddenly, someone tapped my shoulder.

Quartz White. The new girl that last week kept approaching me. Even tried to kiss me.

I turned with a reluctance toward the girl, she didn't seem to care about me. Before she opened her mouth to speak, the physics teacher entered the classroom and silenced all the students.

When lunch time came, I sat alone in an empty place. This is the first time I've seen the cafeteria so full of students. I turned to my side and saw Lightbulb walking hand in hand with Paintbrush.

Strangely, this time Paintbrush's face was filled with anger.

"Fan!"

I was lost in thought for so long that I didn't realize they were already in front of me. Lightbulb was the first person to snap me back to reality. I raised my head to look at the two couples.

"Where were you guys? I didn't see you guys this morning at all!" I asked. When Lightbulb wanted to answer me, Paintbrush stopped her and let them answer. There was no doubt that they were angry.

"Why the fuck did you reject my call?" Paintbrush questioned in anger. I got goosebumps at their sudden harsh words, I immediately looked at them in fear.