Chapter 1 - First Time

Fan's POV :
It was the beginning of a new semester on Inanimate High. Last semester was tough if I must say, but I think today is a perfect start to open a new page.

I walked to my first class, which is chemistry class. As I was on my way, I started to wander around for a bit and thought about some stuff. Being one of the most popular students kinda scared me. Especially, I'm not that talkative like other people, I just hope I don't mess up cause I'm bad at words.

Even one of my best friends says that I can't find the love of my life.

I shook my head, trying to snap out of it. When I was finally back to reality again, I realized that I was in front of the chemistry class. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Here goes nothing.

I gently opened the classroom door, and the first person I saw was a girl with green hair tied up in a ponytail. She has a very graceful and beautiful face. Her long green hair made her look more lovely. She looks so calm, it makes my heart very relaxed around her.

If she smiles, it will be so mesmerizing.

Again, I realized I was staring for too long. I quickly shook my head then walked to my seat. It was an awkward situation because she was extremely focused on her books and didn't even care about making any eye contact. I sighed out of frustration, trying to not care.

Is she new? I've never seen her before...

We didn't talk, we just stay in silent. I can not handle the silent mix with the awkward situation, so I took out my phone and starts to listen to some song, with my earphones on of course.

After a few minutes, one by one the class was finally full. Finally, the class started smoothly. Even though the class was not that bad, my mind just can't get off about her.

It's weird, isn't it? We just met and I really want to talk to you...

After chemistry class

"YO! FLAT FACE!!"

Just as I put my book in the locker, a very familiar voice rang in my ears. I turned in the direction the voice came from, and I immediately knew who it was.

Lightbulb Bright. A blonde-haired girl with a smile that never leaves her face.

"Good morning to you too, Lightbulb." I replied calmly at her.

Standing beside her was Paintbrush Artwell. Her soulmate. A talented artist. And also the grumpy one.

What caught my eye was the girl who was in my class earlier. She was standing next to Lightbulb. Of course, books in hand.

Her green hair, her beautiful emerald eyes, and a very gentle face of hers. And for the second time, I stared at her for too long.

"Fan. This is my long-distance best friend her name is Test Tube Ethylene. She's very smart and also kind. Well, she's more like Paintbrush but the quiet one." Lightbulb said in excitement.

Paintbrush hit Lightbulb's arm jokingly while trying not to laugh. Lightbulb replied with a soft giggle. She instantly stopped and focused again.

"I'm Fan Windrick. It's lovely to meet you?" I introduced myself then stretched my hand out.

She reached out her hand and shook mine. Slowly, a thin smile appeared on her face. From there I felt something strange in my heart. The feeling I had before when I met her.