Chapter 6 - The Girl

Test Tube's POV :
There's no doubt that I'm late today. I slept for too long that I lost track of time. And unlike usual days when I always wear a t-shirt, now I'm wearing a hoodie just because I'm late.

When I arrived at school, I rushed to take my books from my locker. The school hallway is also deserted, this indicates that class is about to start or has already started.

Before I dash off to my first class, Fan came up to me with a beautiful girl next to him. However, she seemed displeased with my presence.

"Test Tube-"

"Nice to meet you too! I'll excuse myself, goodbye Fan!" Before he could continue his sentence, I quickly cut him off.

"Huh? H-Hey, wait! Why are you in such a hurry?!" Fan shouted a little confused seeing me who had gone running all of a sudden.

I ran and ran with books in my hands, rushing to my first class which is economy class.

When I opened the classroom door, many students had already entered and there were only five empty seats left. I took a seat in the second row in the corner.

Then one by one people started arriving, including Lightbulb and Paintbrush. The teacher didn't even come for more than half an hour. But that's not the problem for me, but the girl, the girl who was with Fan earlier.

A few seconds later, Fan came with the girl again. He didn't glance but continued to talk to the girl. That's when I started to feel pain in my heart.

Afterward, the teacher came into the classroom and started teaching. Sometimes, I peek a little at Fan with the girl. Somehow, when I saw them, I felt something piercing my heart.

Maybe they're friends?

"Pst! Testy!" Lightbulb, who was sitting behind me called out in a whisper.

"What?"

"You know? I don't like the girl sitting next to Fan. She kept giving me and Painty ugly looks." She spoke, still whispering while I just nodded slightly in response. She muttered something angrily but I can't hear what is it.

After economy class

After the bell rang, I tidied up my books and prepared to walk to the next class. But, before I started to walk, Fan tapped my shoulder without me noticing. I froze on the spot because I didn't want to see that girl again.

"Test Tube, would you like to walk to geography class with me?" He asked politely as he let go of my hand. I swallowed hard, for a moment I turned towards him, the girl was still with him. Before I could answer, someone called me.

"Oi, Green Girl! Lightbulb told me to accompany you to the geography class because I had one too." Someone with such an annoying accent called me.

Trophy Gold. A boy is known as 'The Jock'. He's one of Knife Sharp's rivals.

He walked towards me and then pulled me away from Fan. Fan glared at Trophy in annoyance because of his sudden presence.

"She hasn't answered me yet." Fan spoke up in a deep tone. Trophy didn't seem to really care about his seriousness. He just rolled his eyes then look at me.

"Just go with the girl who sticks with you all day long. Do you even understand what Testy feels?" He retorted as he backed me a bit while Fan was stunned by his word.

Wait, did he just call me 'Testy'?

"Come on, let's not waste any time." Trophy stated as he held my hand. I didn't say a word because I was too scared to talk. I raised my head to look at the red-haired boy, he seemed to be reaching for me by stretching out his hand.