Chapter 19 - Paranoid

「 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞 (말해줘) 𝐛𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐞𝐤 𝐀 𝐘𝐞𝐨𝐧 」𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐁𝐄 - 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐒𝐓

𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐁𝐄 - 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐒𝐓.

Please note that the song featured in this book does not belong to me. This song was chosen to create a deeper atmosphere and reading experience. The song's copyright belongs to its original owner.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Third Person POV :
Fan lay facing the ceiling, his struggle to sleep was deeply intertwined with his paranoia. It wasn't just the memories that kept him up at night; it was the fear of history repeating itself. His paranoia was a silent companion, whispering doubts in his ear at every turn.

Maybe because he's still not feeling well? Or is he having insomnia? He thought uncertainly, he tried to ignore something he had buried long ago.

In this particular recollection, he vividly recalled the night when his parents had a violent altercation right before his eyes. The memory felt like a punch to the gut, a surge of emotions that he had buried deep within.

A childhood trauma.

He remembered the sound of raised voices, the crashing of objects, and the overwhelming sense of helplessness that engulfed him. It was a traumatic experience that had left scars on his young heart.

He remembered how his father dumped his mother just like that, without feeling guilty. After eleven long years of silence, his father wanted to reconnect and, not surprisingly, was in need of financial assistance.

He remembered all too well how devastated his mother was the night he left, he heard behind the door, his mother crying and crying as if that was all she could do.

The young boy could only tighten his arms around his doll, a doll of one of the famous singers, Starfruit.

After his father left, he was immersed in sadness which over time became a childhood trauma. He remembered clearly, his mother locked herself in the room and didn't eat or drink.

His fate became worse when his financial condition began to decline and his mother was diagnosed with chronic illness.

He wasn't lying when he said he was hurt.

He felt powerless in the face of such a formidable adversary, his own struggles paling in comparison to her fight for survival. Yet, despite the overwhelming odds stacked against him, he still tries hard to make a living and even works part time everywhere for his mother's medical treatment and living expenses.