Chapter Six: Congrats!

Cecelia's POV (continuing from chapter 4)

     I...touched her hand.

     Did I go too far?

     Should I have stayed away?

     Will she ever like me back?

     AUGGGHH!

      Cecelia was thinking so many things. A lot of people saw her as overall calm, but she wasn't. She guessed she got that from her mom. But it wasn't about her emotions right now. It was about Luna's.

     "Are you alright?" Cecelia asked as they walked through the halls.

     "Yes," Luna answered. And she probably didn't mean for Cecelia to hear, but Luna whispered, "Now that you're here."

     Cecelia's cheeks blushed. So...maybe she does like me? Cecelia thought.

     "Can I ask you something?" Cecelia asked bravely.

     "Okay."

     "Did you..." Cecelia paused. "Did you feel...sparks?"

     Luna raised her eyebrows. Cecelia didn't need to explain any further. "I...yes."

     Cecelia smiled slightly as they walked. What was before just a normal walk was now a bit more peppy.

     Cecelia had fun walking with Luna. Once they got over a bit of the awkwardness between them, they began to talk about random things.

     "Did you hear that?" Luna asked later on.

     "What?"

     "The bell. I'm pretty sure it means we should head off to our next classes."

"Oh. What class do you have?" Cecelia asked.

"I think I have...oh! I have Alchemy."

"Hey, same!"

They walked with each other the rest of the way.

~~~~~~

It was later on in the day, actually in the night, and Cecelia was thinking. Thinking about what happened earlier that day, about Luna.

When their hands touched...she felt sparks, but it didn't feel like the sparks she got with another person. It felt...stronger. Beyond feelings.

And when Cecelia stuck her head in freezing cold stuff, she felt like something activated. So...was she a Pyrokinetic?

But Cecelia pushed this away. It was too early to manifest, right? They were testing, yes, but few got their abilities in the first year. And what if Cecelia wasn't ready?

Maybe it would make more sense if she was an Empath? Although she didn't want to think she manifested, she couldn't help thinking about it. If it was deeper, maybe it was feelings. Just deeper feelings.

Ugh! Cecelia thought. I'm just...I'm just going to go to sleep.

~~~~~~

It was morning. Cecelia woke, everything was great. She walked downstairs to see her Dad making breakfast. Everything was normal.

"Hey, good morning sweetie!" Dad (Dex) said.

"Good morning!" Cecelia said cheerfully.

"How are you?"

     "I'm good-but that egg doesn't seem good!" Cecelia said nervously.

    *Gasp* what could possibly be happening?

     Dad whipped his head around to see the egg in flames on the stove. The flames kept stretching bigger and bigger as Dad tried to contain it.

     Cecelia was panicking. She couldn't do anything. And then...it clicked.

     Cecelia didn't know how it happened, but somehow the fire listened to her, and it calmed. It retreated into her grasp and she threw it over the sink, which Dad had turned on.

     Dad was shocked, his mouth wide open. "Wha-how did you-when did you-what?"

     Cecelia stared at her hands.

     "Congrats!" Cecelia heard from the doorway.

     It was Mom. "How long have you been standing here?" Cecelia asked.

     "A while," Mom responded.

     "And you didn't help?"

     Mom shrugged. "I hoped your ability would click."

     Cecelia frowned. "And if it didn't?"

     "Well, then I would've been here to contain the fire."

     Cecelia rolled her eyes. She grabbed some cereal and soon her Mom and Dad were congratulating her and saying how proud they were of her. They said that after school, they would take her shopping to celebrate.

     Cecelia couldn't wait.

Hopefully this satisfied you all. Once again it is a short chapter and I apologize but I didn't know how to make this much longer. Anyway, thanks for reading!

And before I forget, this chapter is dedicated to ExtremeKotlcFan , who I thank for giving me the idea to make Cecelia a Pyrokinetic. I actually had not thought about it before but this made sense and I decided to use it. She commented,
"Wait, SPARKS? Is Cecelia a Pyrokinetic?" When Cecelia touched Luna's hand.

Anyway...see you next chapter!

Word count: 703

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~