Chapter Two: Good Times

Jackson strolled the halls of Foxfire, trying to make sense of his schedule and this crazy school. Couldn't they give the kids a map? Soon Jackson approached pale white walls. They looked familiar, yet he couldn't picture why.

And then he spotted a familiar face. "Hey Darla!"

"You must be lost," She said, sitting on a bench.

"Yeah, I am, could you help me find my way to..." Jackson looked at his paper, "The Universe?"

     "Sure thing!" Darla smiled. "I was just trying to memorize all of these walls. Photographic Memory, you know?"

     "Oh yeah, I forgot I had one of those!" Jackson said.

     Darla got up from her seat and said, "We'd better get going. Don't want to be late on our first day!"

     Jackson started walking one way, thinking that was he way she was going to walk, but then Darla grabbed his hand and pulled him the other way. They walked the rest of the way, and Jackson tried not to notice that they were holding hands. Not that he minded.

     "Thanks," Jackson said once they got to the door. "Hey, do you have this class too?"

     "Yeah. And you know, I'm glad I have a friend by my side. Especially because everyone else has different classes."

     She smiled at him, before walking towards the door and grabbing the handle. And they walked in together, smiling at each other.

~~~~~~

Later on, Jackson went to his other classes, some alone, some with Darla, and he had to admit...even though he wasn't with his friends, he was having fun. As Jackson headed to lunch he thought: maybe this won't be so bad.

"Hey Jackson!" His friends said as he walked over to them with his food.

"Hi Luna, Luke, Cecelia, and Ella! How are your days going so far?" He asked.

"Good!" Everyone said.

Jackson sat down next to Darla, and mainly talked to her. He caught some girls staring at him, and glaring at Darla, but he tried not to notice. He winked, smiled, and then turned back to his friends. Today was going great so far!

     ~~~~~~

     Later, it was time to go home. School was all over. It had been a great day, and Jackson was so grateful he could go to this amazing school. Jackson didn't usually like learning, he found it boring, but it was actually fun.

     "Mom! Dad!" Jackson yelled as he saw his parents come into view.

     "Hi sweetie!" Sophie smiled.

     "I missed you," Jackson whispered as he hugged his mom.

     "Longest 6 hours of my life," she whispered back.

     Jackson smiled against his mother's warm embrace.

     "Hey, I need some love too!" Jackson heard from the right. Both Ella and Dad.

     Ella switched and hugged Mom while Jackson hugged Dad. Dad ruffled Jackson's hair once again.

     "Dad," Jackson groaned, a smile tugging at his lips.

     "What?" Dad smirked.

     Soon Jackson saw Luna, Darla, and Luke come out of the school. They headed towards them, and soon a whole lot of Moms and Dads were hugging too.

     After all of the lovey-dovey stuff, Darla asked a question. "Can we have a sleepover?"

     The parents looked at each other. From first glance you would think they were having a telepathic conversation, but really it was just 'The Stare'. Parents could discuss anything just by looking at each other.

     "Well...It's a school night," Aunt Linh started.

     "But it could be fun," Dad cut in.

     "They could bond," Uncle Dex said.

     "And we could get a parents night out!" All of them cheered.

     Jackson rolled his eyes and saw everyone else doing the same. "Parents," they all grumbled.

     "Thanks!!!" Jackson, Luke, Darla, Luna, Cecelia, and Ella said in unison.

     "Wait...who's gonna stay with us?" Luna asked.

     Visions of partying around the house with a disco ball and drinking soda at night flashed through Jackson's head. But pop! that was ruined.

     "I could call Grady and Edaline..." Mom suggested.

    Jackson was happy to get the chance to see his grandparents, they were always working with the animals and although they tried, they didn't visit very often. Of course, Grandma Gisela and Grandpa Cassius never visited. For obvious reasons.

     "Woohoo!" Everyone cheered.

     Although not all of Jackson's friends were related to Grandpa Grady and Grandma Edaline, they were still like family to everyone. Grady and Edaline even came to everyone's birthday parties (Mom had declared it a thing that they would do).

"They said sure!" Mom said after a moment.

So Grandma and Grandpa headed over to Jackson's house, Solstice Sands (Credit to Cammy284 and ExtremeKotlcFan for brainstorming for me), along with Ella, Jackson, Mom, and Dad. First everyone would go back home and have a quick dinner, and grab what they would need, and then everyone would come over.

"Hey, Jax!" Grandpa said.

"Grandpa Grady!!" Jackson cheered.

"I missed you both so much!" Grandma Edaline said when Ella came down the stairs.

"Oh, hello everyone!" Grady said suddenly. The guests were here!

"Hi guys!" Luna said, smiling.

Everyone gave Grandma and Grandpa a big hug, and then the party began.

Tada!!! I did it! New chapter! Tell me what you think. And I think it would be fun to do shoutouts or dedicate a chapter to someone...
So...
Second chapter dedicated to Kinkajou2020 for being my first comment! Thank you! And thanks for reading everyone!

Word count: 896

~*~HunkyHairDontCare~*~