Chapter Twenty-Six: Western Showdown

Previously...

By the dawn of the morning, a rooster called out. Tyler slowly woke up. He turned to his side to see Andrea asleep beside him. Over the course of the night somehow, she had managed to lose the blanket that was on top of her, and she shivered in her sleep.

Tyler looked at her and put the blanket over her to keep her warm, he then kissed her on the forehead, and she opened her eyes. "Oh sorry, beautiful." Tyler said.

"No, it's okay, it's morning and we should get ready to go home." Andrea said, smiling.

"Orion?" Braedey's voice called out, Tyler and Andrea both sitting up. "Oh, god. Where the hell is he?" The brunette looked left and right, trying to see where he could've gone.

Tyler and Andrea stood up and looked at the campsite, Orion was nowhere to be seen. "Oh, no." They both said.

Braedey took out the picture of the tombstone and it was still there, but there seemed to be some kind of blurry marking on the top of it. "We gotta find him." He said. He jumped up onto his horse, which reared up on its hind legs. "Ride like the wind, Bullseye!" He called, and he rode off towards Hill Valley.

"Hey, wait up!" Tyler and Andrea get onto their horse, and they rode off after him, James following them.

~*~*~

"And in the future, we don't need horses. We have motorized carriages called automoblies." Orion said holding a full shot of whiskey in hand.

The other men in the saloon were laughing at him. "If everybody's got one of these auto-whatsits, does anybody walk or run anymore?" A man asked.

"Of course we run, but for recreation, for fun." Orion responded.

"Run for fun? What the hell kind of fun is that?" The man asked.

Just then, Braedey, Tyler, Andrea, and James rode up on their horses towards the town. They made their way up to James' shed, quickly getting off their horses. Braedey looked inside of the shed, but shook his head to the others as they looked around to try and find where their friend was.

"Where could he be?!" Andrea asked, trying her best to keep it together.

"The saloon..." Tyler trailed off, then grabbed Andrea's hand and they ran off to the saloon.

"How much has he had?" A man asked the bartender.

"None. That's the first one. He hasn't touched it yet." The bartender replied.

Tyler ran up to the window and saw Orion. "There he is!" He exclaimed running through the door, Braedey and the others following after her.

"Orion! What do you think you're doing?" Braedey asked out of breath.

"What happened?" Andrea asked.

"I've lost her, guys. There's nothing left for me here." Orion said to the others bluntly.

"Alright, and that's why you gotta come back with us." Braedey said in annoyance.

"Where?" Orion asked bluntly.

"BACK TO THE FUTURE!" Braedey, James, Tyler, and Andrea spoke out in unison.

Orion internalised what they had just said and he nodded. "Right. Let's get going. Gentlemen, excuse me, but my friends and I have a train to catch." He said to the others, Braedey and co. sighing in relief.

"Here's to ya, partner!" A man said holding up a drink.

"And to the future." Another man said.