Chapter 9

Christmas Day

I woke up to the sound of wrapping paper being ripped and girls giggling and talking.

"Morning." I said, as I rolled over to face the three girls.

"Morning y/n." Lavender and Parvati said in unison which just made them giggle even harder.

"How did you sleep?" I heard Hermione say from her bed across from me.

"Fine, have you opened your gifts yet?"

"No, I hoped we could open them together." She said, running over and sitting on my bed.

"Of course."

———————

Once we all finished opening our presents, we got changed, I put on my Christmas jumper that mum knitted for me it was y/f/c and had my initial written on the front in Gold wool, and got ready to go down and have breakfast.

Lavender and Parvati left first, they wanted to get the best seats in the great hall, right next to the piles of waffles.

I waited for Hermione, but she was in the bathroom for a while.

I knocked on the door. "Hermione are you okay in there."

"Yeah I'm fine, I just can't find my mascara, go on and get us some good seats too." She replied.

"Alight." I made no argument because I was really hungry.

—————

I hurried out of the room, not looking where I was going, just to bump into Harry. He was wearing his Christmas jumper too, it was dark blue with a 'H' in gold wool written on it.

"Oh hey Harry, Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas y/n, I have something for you."

"Oh I do to." I said back to him.

We both ran back up to our rooms, I grabbed a large box from under my bed, it was red and had a gold ribbon around it.

I ran back out of my room and saw Harry waiting on the couch in the common room for me.

"Here." I handed him his gift.

He untied the ribbon and opened the lid of the box. I got him a red hoodie, it had a small number 7 on the left of the chest, printed in gold. The back read, Potter at the top with an 07 underneath it. 7 was his quidditch number and he always looked pretty cold after games so I thought he needed a hoodie to keep him warm.

He was shocked, "y/n. I love it! Thank you so much, he pulled me into a very tight hug.

"Okay now my present."

He reached into his pocket and took out a small black velvet box. He placed it in my hands and I opened it up. It was a necklace, it had a gold chain with a glass circle hanging from the bottom, the circle had a small pressed white flower in the centre. It was stunning.

"Harry, thank you I love it."

I reached up to my neck to put it on, but I realised I was still wearing the necklace that Draco gave to me. I took that necklace off.

"What should I do with this?" I asked Harry.

"Throw it into the fire?" He sniggered.

And just like that, the necklace was melting in the flames.

"Uh, Harry I can't put this on. Can you do it for me?"

"Okay."

He took the necklace into his hand, and placed it around my neck, I got a familiar sense of déjà vu. But it was different this time, Harry's hands were warm and soft, they felt comfortable on my skin, Draco's were quite the opposite.