Chapter 7

The day before Christmas Eve

I woke up late, it was Thursday, the day before Christmas Eve and the Yule ball. Parvati and Lavender had already gone down to breakfast but Hermione was sat on her bed, waiting for me.

"Sorry Hermione, you could have gone down to breakfast without me." I Sid to Hermione as I walked across the room and into the bathroom to get changed.

"I didn't want to leave you alone after what happened the other day."

"It had been 3 days since Harry yelled at me. He's tried to apologise almost every hour of everyday, but I just ignored him.

I put on my favourite outfit (you guys choose what that is) and went down to breakfast with Hermione.

—————

As we entered the great hall, it seemed louder than usual, it was probably the buzz of Christmas coming.

The great hall was filled with Christmas decorations, massive trees with shining ornaments, icicles were dangling from the ceiling, wreaths and garlands were hung on the walls.

I had only been at Hogwarts for Christmas once, in my first year, mum and dad were visiting Charlie in Romania so my siblings and I had so stay here. It was fun, but I don't remember it being as decorated as this.

We walked over to our new seats next to Parvati and Lavender, we stopped sitting with Harry and Ron a few days ago.

Just as we passed him, Harry stood up, "y/n, please listen to me, please I'm sorry I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. It was just a stupid fight."

I ignored him and continued to walk over to my seat.

He slumped back down into his chair and hurried his head in his hand.

Maybe I was being too hard on him.

——————

After breakfast I went to look for Draco, I hadn't spoken to him since he asked me to go to the Yule ball.

I spotted him in the library, reading a book about herbology.

"Hey Draco."

"Y/n! I thought you were avoiding me." He put down his book and gave me his full attention.

"I want to go to the Yule ball with you, if you haven't made any other plans?"

"That's great!" He said with a smile, but it shortly turned into a frown. "Hey I heard what happened with you and Potter. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Draco." I was going to tell him that it wasn't his fault, but that would be a lie.

I hugged him. He stumbled backwards, it was odd, like he had never been hugged before. But then he hugged me back. It was odd, his hands were cold and he hugged like he would never be hugged again.

I pulled away, "Draco? Are you alright?"

I watched him, he fiddled with a silver ring on his finger and stared the book he was reading. A piece of hair had fallen in front of his eyes and he plucked up the courage to say, "I'm fine."

"Okay..." I said, "I need to meet my friends in the courtyard now. But I'll see you around. Bye."

"Bye y/n"

I walked out of the library and around the corner, I walked right into someone.

"Sorry." I said, hoping that the brown haired figure wasn't who I thought it was.