2.9 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙖𝙡𝙡

"I promise you, I will free this forest and restore Arendelle

"I promise you, I will free this forest and restore Arendelle." Elias promised, looking around at the Northuldrian's and Arendellian soldiers while Y/n looked at him in worry.

" That's a pretty big promise, Elias." Anna whispered to him.

"And it's not going to be easy." Y/n sighed.

"It is but May be that's why the voice is calling us." He said, looking at her.

"May be.." Y/n trailed off still unsure. She didn't want her family to get hurt in the process to fulfilling some promise.

"We heard the voice again. We need to go north." Elias announced to Yelena.

"But, the earth giants now roam the north at night." A female tribe member informed.

"You can leave in the morning." Yelena said and motioned three of them to follow her.

"I'm Honeymaren." The female introduced herself to Anna.

"Honeymaren, we'll do all we can." Anna assured her.

❄️

Y/n was staring at some children who were playing with Olaf, distractedly. She was deep in her thoughts when she felt two arms wrapped around her waist. Knowing who it was she leaned on him, sighing in content.

"Something is bothering you, love." Elias whispered in her ear, interrupting her thoughts.

"Mm-hmmm." Y/n hummed absent mindedly as he rested his head on her shoulder.

After few seconds of silence, he sighed and turned her around. "What?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What is bothering you?" he asked, looking directly in her e/c eyes.

Y/n hesitated but voiced her thoughts, "My mother. People here seem to know her more than I do."

"That's because your mother's family was one of the old and superior families of Northuldra." Yelena's voice came from behind Elias as she approached the couple.

Y/n and Elias turned to look at her as she continued, "Your family led our tribe for decades. Your grandfather was our last leader."

"What?" Elias and y/n questioned in unison, startled with the new found information.

"Yes. He died the day when the forest fell. Along with your grandfather." She finished, looking at Elias.

"King Runeard." He mumbled, "They fell from the cliff, attacking each other."

Yelena nodded, sympathetically. "What happened to your mother?" she asked Y/n.

"She died when I was 7."

❄️

Elias and Y/n was currently sitting with Honeymaren. A baby reindeer was snuggling on Elias's side.