Unexpected proposal.

One shot 17: Unexpected Proposal.

Gulf is sitting at the dinner table. From the dining table he watches his sister who is cuddling with her boyfriend on the couch. Gulf sighs. He feels jealous. He is in love with his sister's boyfriend. But he knows they can never get together. He has been with his sister. So Gulf doesn't stand a chance. Gulf turns to his mother who is sitting across from him. She looks at Gulf with concern.

"Are you OK?" She asks. His mother is the only one who knows what Gulf feels for Mew, his sister's boyfriend. At least that's what Gulf thinks. Gulf smiles faintly. She takes his hand and rubs it soothingly. "It'll be fine." She whispers. Gulf shrugs.

He takes his hand from his mother's and stands up. "I'm just going upstairs." Gulf says. His mother nods. Gulf smiles and leaves the living room. He walks upstairs and not much later they hear Gulf's bedroom door shut. Mrs. Kanawut immediately gets up and walks over to Ploy and Mew. She sits down on the chair next to the sofa.

"Well? What do you think? Gulf still believes it?" Ploy asks softly. Mrs. Kanawut nods. "That face he pulls. His whole behavior. Gulf is upset." Ms. Kanawut says. Ploy looks guilty. "I feel quite guilty." Ploy says. "I understand, but hang on for a while. You have to stick to the plan. It won't be long now." Ms. Kanawut says. Ploy sighs and nods.

"I hope this is all worth it when it's all over. I hate seeing Gulf so upset." Ploy says. "It'll be okay, Ploy. In a little while it will be over. Then you will see Gulf happy again. At least, that's to be hoped." Mew says. Ploy chuckles. "He really loves you. I can see why." Ploy says. Mew smiles.

That evening it is quiet during dinner. You can only hear giggles from Ploy's mouth. Gulf is going crazy. But he doesn't say anything. He doesn't want to kick a scene at dinner. "So, how long have you been together again?" Mrs. Kanawut asks Ploy and Mew. "From tomorrow, two years." Ploy says. "Okay, and are you going to celebrate?" Mrs. Kanawut asks.

"Definitely, I have a big surprise in store for someone." Mew says. As he says that, he looks at Gulf. But Gulf is not aware. He stares at his plate of food. Mew sighs softly.

"I'm curious what the surprise is." Ms. Kanawut says. Mew smiles. "Just be patient. Everyone will know tomorrow." Mew says. Mrs. Kanawut nods. Then it is quiet again.

Gulf wakes up early the next morning. He can no longer sleep. All the time he thinks about the surprise Mew has for Ploy. What could it be? Would they go away for a week? Would they eat out? Or maybe it will be a proposal? Gulf sighs. He hopes it won't be a proposal. But he knows it could just happen.

(A proposal is indeed being made but not for Ploy, xD.)

Gulf gets dressed and takes his phone from the charger. Then he walks down. As soon as he walks into the living room, Gulf sees everyone sitting there except Mew. "You wake up early." Gulf says. He sits down on the couch. "Yep, at least we have something to do with our day." Ploy says. Gulf nods. "Congratulations on having been together for two years now." Gulf says. He is smiling fake.

"Thank you brother, how sweet of you." Ploy says. Gulf smiles. Only then does he notice that Mew is not there. He looks around questioningly. "What is it?" Mrs. Kanawut asks. "Where's Mew?" Gulf asks. Ploy and Mrs. Kanawut exchange glances. Gulf notices. He raises an eyebrow. "Where's Mew? Shouldn't he be with you?" Gulf asks. He looks at Ploy. She chuckles.

"Don't worry, Mew will be right there." She says. "Okay?" Gulf says, confused. Ploy chuckles. Gulf doesn't understand. What is going on? Why are they acting so weird? Gulf wants to ask them but then decides not to. They probably won't answer.

And then Mew finally enters the living room. He is wearing a black tuxedo and has a bunch of flowers in his hands. Gulf swallows. 'Of course he's going to propose to Ploy. How could it be different? What a stupid fool I am. Thinking I have a chance with him. No, it is not. I have no chance with him. Mew is way too good for me. ' Gulf thinks. He must hold back not to cry. Fortunately, that works.

"What is this then? Mew you look so good." Ms. Kanawut says. Mew smiles. "Thank you." Mew says. Mrs. Kanawut smiles. Gulf gets up. "I'm not feeling well, I'm going back to bed." Gulf says. He wants to leave the living room, but Mew stands in the doorway so Gulf can't get out. Gulf raises an eyebrow.

"What are you doing? Let me pass." Gulf says. Mew shakes his head. Gulf sighs. "You must be with my sister, not with me. Let me pass." Gulf says. Mew grins and shakes his head again. Gulf tries to push Mew aside but fails. "Dude, what's wrong with you?" Gulf asks. He puts his hands on his hips and sighs deeply.

Suddenly, Mew gives the flowers to Gulf. Gulf looks at him in surprise. Mew takes a small box from his pocket and then kneels down on one knee. Mrs. Kanawut and Ploy are behind Gulf with broad smiles on their faces. Mew opens the box and Gulf sees a ring.

"W-What?" Stutters Gulf. "Your sister and I are not a couple. This was all a plan. I'm in love with you Gulf. But I didn't know how you felt about me. Nobody could really see that about you. So Ploy and I pretended we were in a relationship. To see how you would respond. " Mew says. Gulf's mouth opens in surprise.

"You're the one I love. And I already know I want to stay with you for the rest of my life. So let's skip the dating and get straight to the real thing." Mew says. He takes a deep breath. "Gulf Kanawut, will you marry me?" Mew asks. A tear rolls down Gulf's cheek. Mew smiles.

"Yes, I really want to marry you." Gulf says. Mew smiles wider and takes the ring out of the box. He puts the ring on Gulf's finger and then gets up. He presses his lips to Gulf's. Gulf kisses him back. Ploy is filming everything while Mrs. Kanawut tries her best not to cry.

Gulf and Mew withdraw from the kiss. "Then our plan worked pretty well." Mew says. Gulf growls and starts hitting Mew with the flowers. Mew laughs and tries to grab Gulf's wrists. Ultimately, he holds Gulf's wrists. The now broken flowers fall to the ground. Mew looks deep into Gulf's eyes.

"I love you." Mew says. Gulf smiles. "I love you too." Gulf says. They kiss. Ploy and Mrs. Kanawut begin to cheer. Mew and Gulf don't care and keep on kissing.

After two months, the wedding is held. They adopt a daughter and live happily ever after.

So this idea suddenly came to mind. What do you think? By the way, I thought it would be a short one shot, but then I saw the number of words and it is not too bad. This one shot is still quite long. Anyway, hopefully you liked him.

P.S requests are welcome !!!