Just friends? Or more?

One shot 8: Just friends? Or more?

Gulf is in a bar. He is waiting for his friends, Mew and Kaownah. Gulf sighs and orders another Coke. In the meantime, he looks at the entrance to the bar. Then he looks at his watch. "Come on guys. Hurry up. Otherwise, I'll go." Gulf murmurs. He is getting irritated slowly. At that moment Mew and Kaownah walk into the bar. They see Gulf and immediately walk over to him. "Sorry we're late." Mew says and sits down next to Gulf. Kaownah sits opposite them.

"Where were you now?" Gulf asks irritated. "Relax, Gulf. We're here now." Mew says, putting his hand on Gulf's shoulder. Gulf looks away. He sighs deeply. "Okay sorry." Mew says immediately. Gulf looks at Mew. "I was about to leave." Gulf says. Mew looks guilty, as does Kaownah.

"We are really sorry." Kaownah says. "Whatever. You pay for my drinks tonight." Gulf says. Kaownah and Mew chuckle and nod. "Fine. As long as you are no longer angry with us." Kaownah says. Gulf rolls his eyes but laughs anyway.

"So how is your brother?" Kaownah asks Gulf. "He's okay. He can go home tomorrow." Gulf says. Kaownah nods. In case you are curious. Gulf has a brother named Gun. Actually, it is his stepbrother. His mother is married to Gun's father. Gun and Gulf are very close. Despite being stepbrothers. Gulf has always wanted an older brother. And Gun always wanted to have a younger brother. Although you would not say that with the length difference between them.

Gun is currently still in hospital because he fell down the stairs. Gun has a broken ankle and has to stay in hospital for a few nights. Tomorrow he can finally go home.

"He's going to be okay, right?" Kaownah asks. Gulf nods. "Only for now he is still in a cast. But the doctor has said that everything will be fine." Gulf says. Kaownah nods. "But now about cozier things." Gulf says. Kaownah nods. They start talking until suddenly Mew goes silent. "What is it?" Kaownah asks.

"There is such a handsome boy." Mew says and points to someone. Kaownah and Gulf face the direction Mew is pointing. Gulf feels himself getting jealous. He is indeed a handsome boy. Mew gets up. "I'm going to talk to him." Mew says. He sighs deeply before approaching the boy. Gulf sighs deeply.

"When are you going to tell him?" Kaownah asks. He knows Gulf has a crush on Mew. He tries to persuade Gulf to declare his love to Mew every time. But Gulf is not listening. Gulf shrugs. "Never. I guess." Gulf says. Kaownah rolls his eyes. "That's how you lose him." Kaownah says.

"I've already lost him anyway." Gulf says. Kaownah sighs deeply. "Not if you explain your feelings to him." Kaownah says. "As if Mew likes me too." Gulf says. "Not with that attitude." Kaownah says. "Believe in yourself. I feel like he likes you too." He says. Gulf rolls his eyes. "You're lying. You're only saying this because you're my friend." Gulf says. "Maybe, yes. But I have a suspicion that Mew likes you too." Kaownah says.

"Let's just say Mew and I never get together." Gulf says. Suddenly, Kaownah is staring at something. His eyes are wide. "Ehm Gulf, you better not turn around." Kaownah says. Gulf looks confused. "How so?" Gulf asks and turns around anyway. He looks shocked when he sees Mew kissing that one guy. Gulf swallows and tries to hold back his tears.

Gulf gets up. "I'm going home." Gulf says. Kaownah looks at Gulf. "Shall I go with you?" He asks. Gulf shakes his head. "No, you don't have to. You stay here." Gulf says. Then he leaves. Kaownah sighs. "For adults, those two are like toddlers. They keep revolving around each other. How do I get the two together?" Kaownah murmurs.

The next day Gulf is at work. He works in a bakery. His niece owns the cafe. Gulf has been working in the bakery for two years now and he still really likes it. He also does the job very well. His niece thinks so too.

Then Mew and Kaownah enter the bakery. "Gulf, take a break. Sit with your friends." Says his niece. Gulf nods and leaves the counter. He sits down at a table with Mew and Kaownah. "Gulf, why didn't you say goodbye to me last night?" Mew asks. Gulf swallows.

"I had a headache, so I wanted to leave immediately." Gulf is lying. Mew raises an eyebrow. He does not believe Gulf. But he decides not to respond and nods. "How do you feel now?" Mew asks. "Much better." Gulf says. Mew nods and smiles. "So that guy I kissed yesterday, he can kiss so well." Mew says. "Really? Tell us more." Kaownah says. Mew begins to tell enthusiastically.

Gulf feels himself getting very jealous again. He has to hold back not to scream or run away. Because then Mew will immediately realize that something is wrong. And Gulf does not want that.

"Gulf?" Mew and Kaownah look at Gulf with concern. "Hm what?" Gulf asks. "Is everything okay?" Mew asks. Gulf nods. "I'm fine. Only tired." Gulf says. Mew nods. "I'm going to meet that guy today by the way." Mew says. Gulf sighs deeply. Mew looks at Gulf again. "Okay, tell me. What's going on?" Mew asks.

"Do you really want to know that?" Gulf asks. He gives Mew an irritated look. "Yes, I really want to know." Mew says. "You drive me crazy. The way you talk about that boy drives me crazy. It's annoying." Gulf says. Mew raises an eyebrow.

"Okay? And why?" Mew asks. "Because I'm in love with you okay? I'm fucking in love with you." Gulf says. He stands up. Then he walks to the back of the bakery. His niece follows him. "Gulf, are you okay?" She asks. Gulf starts to sob. His niece grabs him and hugs him tightly. "Relax. It's okay." She says.

"Go home. Take the rest of the day off, and tomorrow too." She says. Gulf gives her a grateful look. "Thank you." He says. She is smiling. "No problem. Just rest." She says. Gulf nods and begins to change. Then he goes out through the back entrance. There Mew and Kaownah are waiting for him.

Gulf stiffens. "What are you doing here? You were inside right?" Gulf asks. Kaownah chuckles. "Not anymore." He says and winks. Gulf starts to walk away. Mew follows him. Kaownah decides to give them some space and goes home. They must solve this themselves.

"Gulf, stop walking." Mew says. "Leave me alone." Gulf says. You can tell from his voice that he has been crying. Mew sighs and stands in front of Gulf. He grabs Gulf's wrists. Gulf stops running. "Let go of my wrists, Mew." Gulf says. Mew shakes his head. "Not until you listen to me." Mew says. Gulf sighs deeply before looking at Mew. "What do you want? Do you want to laugh at me? Go ahead." Gulf says.

"I'm not going to make fun of you, Gulf." Mew says. "What then? Are you going to rub it with me more about how cute that guy is? Or how good he can kiss?" Gulf asks. Mew sighs deeply. "I'm done with it." Mew says. "Done with what? Me?" Gulf asks. Then Mew presses his lips to Gulf's. Gulf stiffens.

Is this really happening? Is Mew really kissing him? Or is this all a dream? A stupid stupid dream? Then Mew pulls back. He smiles when he sees Gulf freeze. He takes Gulf's hands. He squeezes it gently. "I'm in love with you too." Mew says.

"Really?" Gulf asks. Mew nods. "This is not a joke?" Gulf asks. Mew shakes his head, laughing. "No, this is not a dream." Mew says. "I have been feeling the same for a while but had to first consider whether it was real and not fake. Because I didn't want to give you false hope." Mew says. "And that from just now, I said just to make you jealous." Mew says. Gulf hits Mew's arm. Mew chuckles. "Sometimes you really are a jerk." Gulf says.

"I know." Mew says, wrapping his arms around Gulf's waist. He pulls Gulf closer to him. "But I am your jerk." Mew says before kissing Gulf again.

"From best friends to lovers." Gulf says as they walk through town hand in hand. Mew nods. "And who knows, in a few years' time, husbands." Mew says. "I hope so." Gulf says. Mew winks. Then they walk on.

From now on they are best friends and a couple. And no one who can stand between them anymore. Because their love is forever.